Sb5 vs. Intense Recluse

PB Forum :: Yeti
Sb5 vs. Intense Recluse
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
I'm hoping there might be someone out there who has had good experience with both the Sb5 and the Recluse and can share their experience with the two models. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 3:18 Quote
I demo'd a Recluse about 18 months ago and loved it. I was riding a alu Tracer275 at the time and liked the stiffer carbon frame and poppiness of the tighter rear travel. It was fast and direct with the Fox 36s versus my 34s.
Weighing it up when I upgraded recently, I went for the SB5LR, this after being on Intense bikes since 1998. It was time for a change and I have no regrets.
There is no question the Yeti is better at climbing with the SI design. Not as plush as 6" travel Tracer on the downs but it feels so much faster on all but the gnarliest descents. The carbon frame and wheels make the Yeti feel really tight and functional, perfect for my local conditions. I love it.
Can't wait for dry and dusty conditions this summer as its pretty sloppy winter trails here at the moment.
Hope this helps.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 4:29 Quote
Foeg wrote:
I demo'd a Recluse about 18 months ago and loved it. I was riding a alu Tracer275 at the time and liked the stiffer carbon frame and poppiness of the tighter rear travel. It was fast and direct with the Fox 36s versus my 34s.
Weighing it up when I upgraded recently, I went for the SB5LR, this after being on Intense bikes since 1998. It was time for a change and I have no regrets.
There is no question the Yeti is better at climbing with the SI design. Not as plush as 6" travel Tracer on the downs but it feels so much faster on all but the gnarliest descents. The carbon frame and wheels make the Yeti feel really tight and functional, perfect for my local conditions. I love it.
Can't wait for dry and dusty conditions this summer as its pretty sloppy winter trails here at the moment.
Hope this helps.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 4:31 Quote
Thanks for the reply. I went with an Ibis Mojo 3 and am so happy I made the switch. Much more playful and like the SB5 it's hard to put it into a situation where it feels overmatched. I'm done with Intense after two bad experiences with their customer service. They really didn't stand behind their products as they should for the boutique brand they are.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
I just went from a 2017 recluse 27.5 to a 18 yeti 5.5. I live in southern cal ride rocky chunky fast and steep stuff. The recluse was not great for that, if it was smooth and flowey without jumps it would be great. Not apples to apples but the 5.5 is in another league in all situations, even climbing. Imop

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008312
Mobile Version of Website