Anyone ride a 2018 Rift Zone?

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Anyone ride a 2018 Rift Zone?
Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 8:14 Quote
So my Missus' and I have both got a Rift zone 2 each. The tyres are not pre taped. I used gorilla tape and orange sealant and had no issues getting them to seat at all, with a compressor. However the rear wheel on my Missus' bike did blow off the rim and has had to be replaced, still pushing for warranty there.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
Jmphillips89 wrote:
So my Missus' and I have both got a Rift zone 2 each. The tyres are not pre taped. I used gorilla tape and orange sealant and had no issues getting them to seat at all, with a compressor. However the rear wheel on my Missus' bike did blow off the rim and has had to be replaced, still pushing for warranty there.
???? What do you think of the bikes, I've been very impressed with mine so far. Did you notice much difference running tubeless?

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
AndyF82 wrote:
???? What do you think of the bikes, I've been very impressed with mine so far. Did you notice much difference running tubeless?

Absolutely love them. No regrets at all on my purchases. Can't say I noticed much difference running tubeless but it's not really optional where I live due to the double G prickles.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Frank191 wrote:
not sure. I bought my bike slightly used and the original owner put a tube in the rear tire because he said the bead popped off shortly after he did the tubeless conversion. with my flow rims and maxxis tires there was no issue at all.

and from Jmphillips89: "... However the rear wheel on my Missus' bike did blow off the rim and has had to be replaced, still pushing for warranty there...."

my rear tire blew off the rim after going tubeless also. about 2 hours after tubeless conversion. fortunately, i was not riding. that was with the original Vee Tire. tossed that and mounted a Maxxis...no problems with that tire.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
This thread has convinced me to go with the RZ (I like the color schemes on the RZ1) over Spesh SJ. Definitely will upgrade some components later on.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
Rumor is that the rift zone is getting an update for 2020. It may make sense to wait a few months and see what pans out.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
aflax wrote:
Rumor is that the rift zone is getting an update for 2020. It may make sense to wait a few months and see what pans out.

Rumor is confirmed. No photos out yet, but I've seen geometry charts and it looks good.
65.5d HTA
76d STA
Long reach
Short offset fork.
130mm travel front 125mm rear.
Keep an eye out for them to drop soon
Looks like some of them will become available to dealers in September.

Same price points as before with a couple of additions. I'd say more but I've probably already said more than Marin would want me to.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
Hmm, I was gonna wait a bit too so I can finish paying off my 5010. So now waiting is the best move for me... although at about $1000 at CRC, that deal is hard to pass up.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Rumor is confirmed. No photos out yet, but I've seen geometry charts and it looks good.
65.5d HTA
76d STA
Long reach
Short offset fork.
130mm travel front 125mm rear.
Keep an eye out for them to drop soon
Looks like some of them will become available to dealers in September.

Same price points as before with a couple of additions. I'd say more but I've probably already said more than Marin would want me to.

Those numbers look GOOD! Anyone want to buy a 2019 Rift zone 3???

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
aflax wrote:
Those numbers look GOOD! Anyone want to buy a 2019 Rift zone 3???

How much?

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
If anyone wants to know how a Marin Rift zone 2 handles trails then watch the below video. Guy videoing is on a Kenevo e bike.
https://youtu.be/cCmLiroJOHU

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Marin makes great bicycles and the Rift Zone is a solid 29r. You get 120 travel 29r with slack it has 130 front 120 rear you can run 150 to 170 dropper post. You can run up to 2.6 tires on this bike as well which is nice to have wider clearance. This bike handles well as well as the Hawkhill 27.5

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
RideUnionSport wrote:
Marin makes great bicycles and the Rift Zone is a solid 29r. You get 120 travel 29r with slack it has 130 front 120 rear you can run 150 to 170 dropper post. You can run up to 2.6 tires on this bike as well which is nice to have wider clearance. This bike handles well as well as the Hawkhill 27.5

Completely agree with this. I was a bit worried jumping from a 170mm travel 26" wheel to the RZ2 but so glad I did. The 120mm travel soaks up everything I've thrown at it and with no complaints. awesome bit of kit.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
RideUnionSport wrote:

I have 2.6 Maxxis Recons on the front and rear. The rear clearance is pretty close and will rub the chain stay under full compression and if the rear pressure is above about 22 lbs..If I run 18 lbs it doesn’t touch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011741
Mobile Version of Website