Anyone ride a 2018 Rift Zone?

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Anyone ride a 2018 Rift Zone?
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
Very interested to hear how this rides with a 140mm fork. The Aus versions also came with only 120mm so I'm planning on putting a 130mm Bomber Z2 on it.

I posted it a little earlier in this thread too, but this is how my Rift Zone 3 sits currently. I've been running the 140 fork since I got it and it's been great. I've taken it down the Whole Enchilada in Moab, Gooseberry mesa in Southern Utah, and all over Las Vegas. I demo'd the bike in stock form with the fork at 120 and that was too twitchy and the it felt like the fork couldn't keep up with the rear suspension. They made some great updates for the 2020 version, both spec and geo wise. Hit me up if you have any more questions.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Anyone know what the rise is on the handlebar for the 2018 RZ2? Just says mini riser in specs

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
OK just added a megneg to the rear rockshox and I can report that it makes such a difference. Running it with 2 bands in the neg side and 0 tokens in positive its So soft initial movement so small bumps are soaked up like there not even there but then further into the stroke it firms up and after a good ride out at cwmcarn I can ay the only time I bottomed out was when casing a double. Also found the rear gripped better on the climbs and smoother. Well worth it in my opinion.
The change to 140mm forks seemed to work well just needing a little setting up. ????

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 15:43 Quote
Thanks for that update Andy, I have been eyeing off those MegNeg upgrades.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
Thanks for that update Andy, I have been eyeing off those MegNeg upgrades.

I was sceptical on the upgrade myself especially as it says it will not work for some bike design. I even contacted Marin Europe who said they didn't know how it would work on the RZ but they said I'm more than welcome to try it and the warranty would still be valid ????. I just thought Rockshox wouldn't sell it if it was rubbish and just went for it.

Posted: 4 hours ago Quote
Proves why we love these bikes, Matt on the 2020 RZC straight out the box.....like I've said before Its not the travel amount it's the skills that are needed.
https://youtu.be/eQfuhyQyA9c

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009541
Mobile Version of Website