Intense Carbine & Angleset Headset

PB Forum :: Intense
Intense Carbine & Angleset Headset
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
Once you start tinkering, you can always tinker with something which is the dilemma. I rode today and halfway in my ride changed my stack of stem spacers from 40mm underneath my stem to 25mm instead.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
Just thought I’d post my experience with an angle set on my carbine. 2019 carbine pro slackened to 64 with CC angleset. First day out I was riding a downhill track and cracked the headset upon landing a fairly small gap maybe like 12-15ft. Lower cup cracked straight through to the gimbal. I’m a heavier rider at 210lbs and I feel like potentially these angle sets aren’t great if your riding dh or freeride lines a lot where you are taking big hits.

Posted: Oct 7, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
Thanks for the heads up

I’m 225 and ride similar stuff to you, I certainly don’t need that happening to me

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Captain65 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up

I’m 225 and ride similar stuff to you, I certainly don’t need that happening to me

I doubt the angleset did that, they are used extensively in wc Downhill bikes. If in doubt I would ask the producer. In any case to crack a frame in the front is really hard unless there is a defect or you exceed the max system weight.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
Captain65 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up

I doubt the angleset did that, they are used extensively in wc Downhill bikes. If in doubt I would ask the producer. In any case to crack a frame in the front is really hard unless there is a defect or you exceed the max system weight.

Maybe i just had a dud from the manufacturer because it was certainly installed correctly. One thing I thought of too is that you change how force is applied through the headset via the steerer tube when your head tube itself is on a different angle than your steerer tube. The difference being the angleset merely tilts the steerer tube backwards or forwards in the head tube so instead of a parallel line between the head tube and fork it becomes an angle. So you’ve basically created a fulcrum that puts a lot of pressure on the edges of the headset instead of straight down through it. Something interesting to think about.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
You’re only talking a degree or two, the angular force difference of that is almost zilch, like the difference of your gap being 6” longer

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
Ive got a 2018 Carbine that has Fox 36's 170mm grip2s. They are 51mm offset, from memory an extra 10mm of front travel decreses HTA by around 1.5 deg? I'm not sure but I'm presuming the higher offset is decreasing HTA as well.

Its 65.5 HTA from factory so am I right in thinking it could be around 63-64 now?

It feels awfully twitchy on flow trails and fast bermed corners, would it be worth getting an angleset to increase HTA back to the 65-66 odd degrees?

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
There are geometry programs on the web you can plug all the numbers into and then it will show the difference, but an angle finder app on your mobile phone to measure it directly will probably be easier and a lot less hassle.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007301
Mobile Version of Website