Cool quotes

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Cool quotes
Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 16:12 Quote
"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like, “If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me…

and since then, for the past 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today.” And whenever the answer has been, “no” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure… these things just fall away in the face of death… leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.

You are already naked; there is no reason not to follow your heart. "

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:54 Quote
Azntaiji wrote:
"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like, “If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me…

and since then, for the past 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today.” And whenever the answer has been, “no” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything: all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure… these things just fall away in the face of death… leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.

-Steve Jobs

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 12:44 Quote
biceps wrote:
Azntaiji wrote:

-Steve Jobs

^ Yup. Definitely one of my favorite quotes.

Posted: Oct 5, 2013 at 20:06 Quote
norco87 wrote:
If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

edit: don't know who it is by (not mine)
i know this is an old post to quote and somebody might have said this but im pretty sure this is a line in a nickelback song - this afternoon

Posted: Oct 6, 2013 at 5:29 Quote
chargerljl wrote:
norco87 wrote:
If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

edit: don't know who it is by (not mine)
i know this is an old post to quote and somebody might have said this but im pretty sure this is a line in a nickelback song - this afternoon

It was a quote on a very popular No Fear t-shirt about 2 decades ago, which is where they most likely took it from.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 2:39 Quote
4 Wheels is a boy racer
2 Wheels is a man racer

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 15:27 Quote
"Hold My beer and watch this!"

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
"Hold me and watch my beer do this"

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 20:29 Quote
beer do this and watch my hold

Posted: Dec 3, 2013 at 22:52 Quote
do my beer and watch me hold this?

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 23:25 Quote
^thats just wrong.

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 19:50 Quote
"If you can't keep the rubber side down, at least smile for the camera."
-Anonymous

Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 4:13 Quote
I have a quote that I often think of if faced (as I often am) with a problem whose root cause isn't obvious. I don't now if it's Chris Carter (of X-Files fame) or if he was quoting a specific scientist but here it is:

"Nothing happens in contravention to nature, only in contravention to our understanding of it"

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
Broken bike? Aw yah gone done dicked'er eh bud!

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
What would you call the president if he rode motocross?

Braap Obama.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012555
Mobile Version of Website