2019 IBIS 29er LT

PB Forum :: Ibis
2019 IBIS 29er LT
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 11:42 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
Black is the way to go.... IMO

true true erase my previous statement

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
Has anyone else ordered a Ripmo from JensonUSA? My estimated ship date keeps getting kicked back. Anyone else having similar issues with JensonUSA or other retailers?

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 14:29 Quote
grahamwhitacre wrote:
Has anyone else ordered a Ripmo from JensonUSA? My estimated ship date keeps getting kicked back. Anyone else having similar issues with JensonUSA or other retailers?

Ordered mine from Jenson when the ripmo came out and had it in a week. It was in stock though. There have been numerous reports of Ripmo's getting pushed back.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 18:35 Quote
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess I'll continue to wait...

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
My local shop has one on order for me. Scheduled to ship 07/26. Should see it the following week sometime in my garage. Went with the GX eagle build kit with alloy bar. Stoke is at an all time high.

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 23:12 Quote
Did you get yours yet?
I was told last week of November they've been pushed back till.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
Sure did. Have been riding it for exactly a month now, this thing rips!

What size / build are you looking for? There’s one in the shop in Kamloops at Cycle Logic. Large, GX eagle, black frame build I believe.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
Sure did. Have been riding it for exactly a month now, this thing rips!

What size / build are you looking for? There’s one in the shop in Kamloops at Cycle Logic. Large, GX eagle, black frame build I believe.

Sadly I'm looking for a medium.
How do you find it climbs?
Have a Transition Sentinel that is way too heavy for pedalling well so that's why I'm looking to go for a Ripmo.
What fork/shock do you have on yours?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 14:12 Quote
It unquestionably climbs better than these bikes:
2017 Trek Remedy - owned this bike since April 2017. Ripmo kills it for climbs and decents.

2018 transition sentinel - had a demo to use for 3 days. No matter what I did for suspension / pressure tuning, climbing with this bike (it even came with WeAreOne carbon wheels and i9 hubs) was a chore I would dread daily.

2017 specialized enduro elite - my regular riding partners bike. He also owns a Ripmo. The Ibis just slays it for pedalling efficiency.

2018 Marin Attack Trail - good buddy of mine has one. Not Good for going up.

2016 Ripley: swapped with a riding buddy in a long climb one day. Never stopped wanting my bike back.

Long story short: the geometry combined with the shock tune just simply works.

I have the fox DPX2/36 grip combo. Excellent bike. Anyone who says otherwise is nuts. This bike is great. I’ve logged 465km on it so far on mostly black and some blue trails in Kamloops, at sun peaks, and Squamish. Never feel like I need either more travel, or anything else different.

TLDR: Ripmo shreds.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
There is a blokey on here that is not enjoyo g his new ripmo somewhere on another thread iirc

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
But yeah DWLink system is a tough one to beat!

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
Stupid PB settings!!

That's funny you wrote that as I just did a climbing trail up at Silverstar yesterday and added 15psi to my rear shock and then took it down lower Rockstar and it was horrific jumping and landing.
I have the DPX2 on it and I cant find a decent setting that works for me.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
Stupid PB settings!!

That's funny you wrote that as I just did a climbing trail up at Silverstar yesterday and added 15psi to my rear shock and then took it down lower Rockstar and it was horrific jumping and landing.

Quality is not the sum of parts. That same shock on my bike rocks, and it honestly comes down to geometry and the progression tune the manufacturer requests from fox. From my understanding, just because the model name is the same doesn’t mean the performance characteristics are the same across brands / models. Hopefully you do find a way to sort it out, the sentinel is a burly bike that just begs to be pushed hard down hill, just lacks significantly on the way up. Still an incredible weapon if it fits the rider.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 19:35 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
modjoe23 wrote:
Stupid PB settings!!

Quality is not the sum of parts. That same shock on my bike rocks, and it honestly comes down to geometry and the progression tune the manufacturer requests from fox. From my understanding, just because the model name is the same doesn’t mean the performance characteristics are the same across brands / models. Hopefully you do find a way to sort it out, the sentinel is a burly bike that just begs to be pushed hard down hill, just lacks significantly on the way up. Still an incredible weapon if it fits the rider.

Oh for sure, although it needs some better tires, brakes and handlebars.
I had a XC lesson for 2 hours, I'm a bike coach and I was struggling to pedal it up hill for that long.
I have to get a better all rounder.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014888
Mobile Version of Website