27.5 urban/bmx tires recommendation

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
27.5 urban/bmx tires recommendation
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
I'd like to put some bmx style tires on my steel hardtail bike but cant find anything suitable. Something that would work well for urban and packed dirt. Most brands seems to make them in 26 size only. Any suggestions?

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
You might like WTB Breakout for that. It's a pretty beefy casing with regularly shaped and spaced knobs. I like 'em for the slabby volcanic tuff in my local area. Not that great in soft dirt but they stick to high angle rock really nice. Probably great on asphalt.

FL
Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Kenda small block 8s!

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
kelvin wrote:
Kenda small block 8s!

Yeah, if you don't mind replacing 'em frequently... Kenda put a lot of truth in that name. Those ARE small blocks. I ordered a set a couple years ago when I worked in a bike shop and when they arrived the blocks were so shallow that I put 'em on the shelf and sold 'em to a customer without mounting on my bike. I think pavement would eat up a Small Block 8 pretty quick.

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 11:28 Quote
I used Schwalbe G-ones for street riding for a while. They're cushy and light, with large volume (27.5x2.3) but the casing is pretty thin. They didn't wear especially fast either considering how low profile the tread is.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009151
Mobile Version of Website