Enduro MTB Training

Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
How do people train for enduro racing?
I was looking online and found the Enduro MTB training website http://enduromtbtraining.com
And was wondering if it would be worth the money to buy the program. Has anyone had experience with this program? If so I would love to hear about it. Also, what other programs are out there for enduro training that you know of?
Thanks

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
Interval training + weight training + riding with less brakes

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
I was using James Wilson training program for enduro i was quite the improvement.

https://www.bikejames.com/mtb-skills-fitness-bundle/

I got many of his program that improved my fitness and raiding.Maybe if i will get more time i will do reviews about his programs with pictures how my body changed each month.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
Look into whole athletes training programs Cool

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
rckhper wrote:
Look into whole athletes training programs Cool

would you like to share a link?

cheers, mate!

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 16:10 Quote
Calek wrote:
I was using James Wilson training program for enduro i was quite the improvement.

I got many of his program that improved my fitness and raiding.Maybe if i will get more time i will do reviews about his programs with pictures how my body changed each month.

Definitely can agree with this! James Wilson's training program is a whole package in terms of strength, fitness and flexibility. The time while I was working out his program is when I felt best on the bike. Might give it a revisit nowadays!

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 17:37 Quote
I train for Enduros by riding where I'm racing. At least 4 times before the race.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
Calek wrote:

Which program did you choose? $47? do you need any special equipment for his training program?

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
ajcjr wrote:
Calek wrote:

Which program did you choose? $47? do you need any special equipment for his training program?

Sorry for not answering earlier got health problems and i was in hospital.You got everything writed what you need the training program that i linked got writed this:"These simple workouts don’t require any special equipment – just a couple of dumbbells or kettlebells and a chin up bar are all that you need." and this is the only thing that you need to get.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
A lot of interval training and weights. I've also been using a muscle oxygen sensor (humon.io) to warm-up and recover which has been very helpful with higher intensity training.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
Small amount of interval training and a solid amount of time riding trails aerobically and working on your skills Smile

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
I'm currently a member of the Enduro MTB training program and I really like it. It has really helped with my flexibility and posture and I'm getting stronger. I've had friends comment that they can see my fitness improving and that I'm faster on the climbs.

The program is set up in a pretty unique way in that the first few months focus on stability and mobility then move into strength, speed, and power. You're not doing a ton of weight lifting in the beginning. The exercises do take some getting used to. If you're used to doing basic movements like squats, bench press, bicep curls, etc, there are a lot of exercises in the program that will be new to you. Lots of work with exercise bands, swiss balls, and bosu balls, even some bodyweight stuff. There are some traditional movements in there though like deadlifts and squats.

My only complaint is that the program can be hard to keep up with. Most weeks you are training 6 or 7 days a week. Some of the cardio days can be substituted with mountain bike rides but I seem to be moving the training calendar around a lot. Life seems to get in the way when you are trying to hit the gym 6 days a week. Your mileage may vary. There are pro racers following this same program so if casual riders need to cut a few days or move things around then so be it.

Overall I am happy with it. For $30 a month it's worth it.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 1:59 Quote
Hey guys, Ben from The Strength Factory here.

First step is to appreciate how much time you actually have to train and still have a life.
Your plan needs to be consistent and being realistic with training frequency from the start will really help you reach race season feeling fit and fast.

Your race fitness is underpinned by a foundation of strength and aerobic fitness. Build that first and then layer on the intensity with sprints and intervals.

As you approach the race, your training should be more specific to the event.

Let me know if you have any questions or check out my programme below.
http://thestrengthfactory.uk/complete-mtb-programme-trail-end-2/

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
I've used the "Enduro MTB Training" program. Works well and is very tailored to MTB riders. Be sure you have the time and equipment to do it though. I gave up on it due to time constraints but I might pick it back up here soon.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
I came from a background of racing XC (low-level pro) and 6 years as a full time Cycling Coach. I swapped to enduro about 5 years ago. It's all a case of priorities and what is your weakness.

When i first started racing, I had tons of fitness already- so I focused on increasing my skills as that was the weakest point.

Then I had a kid and subsequently lost all that fitness, but I had improved my skills by a bit- so switcharoo time and focus on fitness. However I've found that XC fitness is definitely not the same as enduro fitness.

I get to ride 1-2x a week currently, but I mix in 1-2 hockey games a week and 2-3 days of weight training. Real focused weight training has helped me see some of the biggest improvements in my riding so far. I'm maybe a month into the focused weight training (with about 3 months of general weights behind it) - Feeling stronger on the bike and far less fatigued after both climbs and descents and just overall much stronger and healthier feeling.

I'd take a look at all the available enduro programs out there (The Strength Factory, Fit4Racing, Point1Athletic, Enduro MTB, etc) and find one that does 2 things: A: Motivates the hell outta you to get out there and do the work & B: Is the required work that will attack your weaknesses

If you cover A, you'll be fit, fast and having fun, if you cover A & B; you'll be winning races

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005833
Mobile Version of Website