Minimum budget bike for Burnaby Mountain blue runs

PB Forum :: Beginners
Minimum budget bike for Burnaby Mountain blue runs
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2018 at 22:09 Quote
I realize there are existing "what bike" threads, but I posted this because its pretty specific.

I live at the bottom of Burnaby Mountain and would like to get into downhill biking on the trail surrounding SFU.

I have googled "best budget mountain bike" but have no idea whether any of these might meet my requirements.

I'm looking for a good budget mountain bike with the requirements that it will be capable for doing Burnaby Mountain Blue/Intermediate runs.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
Helloooo Communityyyy?

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
what is your actual budget ?

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
I ride Bby Mtn regularly with my son and i find that a full suspension bike with 130'ish mm of travel front and rear should do the trick for the blues and even Gear Jammer/Upper Cut/Lower Snake a partial black rated trail.

I have ridden the above noted trails above as well as Dead Moped/North Road trail with my 2000 Norco Sasquatch steel hardtail with a 125mm front fork without any issue so if you like a challenge a 100mm plus travel hardtail will work.

More importantly, i think the appropriate tires and brakes must be considered. In my opinion, having good disc brakes and trail specific tires are a must.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 0:11 Quote
Budget is key - if you can only afford a low spec full suspension, it may be better to buy decent hardtail.
2yrs ago i was borrowing my friends 06 giant faith before buying a giant stance - and from there making my bike more descent oriented.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
Depends on what your budget is. I personally of the mindset of getting a higher end hardtail then a low end full suspension.

Also if your not adverse to picking up a used bike you might be able to find something. A friend of mine just picked up a Commencal hardtail which he has been really happy with.... mind you he only picked it up this year, so not allot of KM's on it yet.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007151
Mobile Version of Website