trials mods for cheap

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
trials mods for cheap
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
So i want to get into trials but im sort of on a budget and i wanted to build my own since im not about to go and spend $800+ on a new bike. I have a gary fisher sugar 2 but its a bit too big for me. Not about no mod that. I have an old bmx bike that i would scrap parts and an old 20 inch mountain bike that i rode when i was like 8. Im about 5'6" and im 14 so im still going to be growing so any ideas would be nice. please post any advice or pics of your own mods if you have any.

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
Look around for used bikes. It'll cost you more in parts to build a trials bike that rides like crap to modify a 20" frame not made for trials than to get a used one. Be patient, there are some out there.

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 13:40 Quote
cwtrials wrote:
Look around for used bikes. It'll cost you more in parts to build a trials bike that rides like crap to modify a 20" frame not made for trials than to get a used one. Be patient, there are some out there.
ive looked but it seems like nobody is selling, anywhere besides craigslist and ebay

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:02 Quote
canadianoreos wrote:
cwtrials wrote:
ive looked but it seems like nobody is selling, anywhere besides craigslist and ebay

You will spend far more converting a bike into a crap trials bike that you will not be able to learn on.

Buy a real trials mod. You live in an age of the internet, Find one online somewhere and have it shipped. It will be cheaper and ride way better.

I tried to do trials on mountainbikes for many years, Then I finally bought an old monty mod and I progressed far more in one month than years on a mountain bike.

Get the right tool for the right job

There is way more to a trials bike than wheel size, it is all about geometry and weight and brakes. You can't convert a bikes geometry...

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
There's one FS in buy/sell pretty cheap in the states right now

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008934
Mobile Version of Website