G1 vs. G2 Process

PB Forum :: Kona
G1 vs. G2 Process
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
I'm stuck between large 2017 Process 153 frame as an upgrade from my Medium 2015 153, or just buying the new bike at a Kona dealer.

I'd be looking at the base model carbon 27.5 153 and it would cost me a good deal of money, whereas the Large G1 should be basically free if my old frame ever sells.

FWIW my current 153 is a sweet bike, pedals nice with DB air and I have the Pike working really well with luftkappe. Good wheels, good brakes, no complaints besides being pretty short in medium size.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 9:55 Quote
The last generation og the G1 and the new G2 are quite similar riding bikes, the biggest difference is the more efficient pedalling of the G2. Making the g2 feel more alive on more mellow terrain, and feeling quicker pedalling out of corners and such... going for the right sizing is a big step up anyway, and it might not be worth "a good deal of money" depending on your priorities investing in a G2.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 20:27 Quote
You only live once... and could die tomorrow. So if you afford it without eating canned cat food afterwards or taking $$ away from your kid's college fund (and if your wife is bitchy), buy the new bike. Or buy a slightly used G2 as a compromise.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 20:49 Quote
^ended up going with the 2017. Figured Ill give the old bike one last shot while I wear out my nice parts. Ill sell the whole deal once the g2 start showing up used more often.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008699
Mobile Version of Website