PB Forum :: Kona
2016 Process 134 DL help!
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
Any thoughts on the Monarch Plus RC3?

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
I ran one with a debonair can and liked it better on my 153. Felt like I had more mid-stroke support and improved bottom-out resistance without deadening the ride...

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
roentgenranger wrote:
Any thoughts on the Monarch Plus RC3?

That's what I have on my 153, opted for standard air can, but purchased with the debonair air can. A standard air can is cheap enough to swap out, roughly $50 with seals. So you can play around with it as you like.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
I have a 15' process 134. Weight 155lbs. Run 25% sag. Debonair can with 6 bands right now. I'm still running through my travel consistently on single track(mostly blue trail). Would I be best off spending money on a DVO Topaz, or using that money and purchasing a used 153 frame? This is my do all bike. Used for single track and park riding. 27.5 front, 26 rear. So much fun

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
I seemed to have no issues with my debonair at about 20-25% sag. I forgot how many bands you can get in there, but I definetly had it maxed out. It ramped up good. Im about 170 lbs. Tried the topaz just for the heck of it, and it is more supportive. Although I needed to almost max out the bands on this shock, and also pump up the piggyback to the max. It was a nice upgrade. Can't comment on the 153..

Jordanh604 wrote:
I have a 15' process 134. Weight 155lbs. Run 25% sag. Debonair can with 6 bands right now. I'm still running through my travel consistently on single track(mostly blue trail). Would I be best off spending money on a DVO Topaz, or using that money and purchasing a used 153 frame? This is my do all bike. Used for single track and park riding. 27.5 front, 26 rear. So much fun

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
I can fit 7 in there. I have 6 now. Planning on riding the bike park Friday. I'm going to throw the 7th in there and see. I can't dare say I've had any really harsh bottom outs on anything unexpected. But I'm def using the complete travel on a very regular basis on blue single track. Something I don't feel like I should be doing. This is with the monarch rt, not an rc3. Maybe that would be a decent upgrade..

tccrawfo wrote:
I seemed to have no issues with my debonair at about 20-25% sag. I forgot how many bands you can get in there, but I definetly had it maxed out. It ramped up good. Im about 170 lbs. Tried the topaz just for the heck of it, and it is more supportive. Although I needed to almost max out the bands on this shock, and also pump up the piggyback to the max. It was a nice upgrade. Can't comment on the 153..

Jordanh604 wrote:

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
I think something with a standard air can and the ability to add spacers would be ideal. That's what I dislike most about my RC3 with the standard can, would like a bit less volume for end of stroke support.

Fox dpx2 with the proper tune would be ideal. Or a Rockshox super deluxe rc3

Posted: Feb 8, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
Curious if anyone has tried a Mullet 134?

I've been thinking what a slacker process with more travel then my 111 would be like Smile

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008636
Mobile Version of Website