Anyone have a 50mm OD2 stem for sale? Giant Contact AM OD2 etc.

PB Forum :: Giant
Anyone have a 50mm OD2 stem for sale? Giant Contact AM OD2 etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
Hi,

My wife has a 2014 Trance that came stock with a 70mm stem. I didn't research the ridiculously stupid Overdrive 2 standard at the time we bought it and am not trying to dial in her a fit a bit and bought a 31.8 Chromag Ranger 40mm stem which of course doesn't fit (tapered 1 1/Cool .

Having a bitch of a time trying to find a stupid OD2 compatible stem in 40-50mm length. I know the Giant Contact AM OD2 50mm exists but it's now impossible to find, been scouring eBay etc. Chromag also used to make the Ranger stem in OD2 sizing but it's also discontinued.

Anyone have one for sale or know where to look?

Thanks a lot Giant, what a stupid stupid design.

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 5:09 Quote
HI,

I found main on AliExpress, but 60mm in length.

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 0:56 Quote
burek66 wrote:
HI,

I found main on AliExpress, but 60mm in length.

Thanks for looking, I will keep checking there and ebay, the 50 seems rare!

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 1:34 Quote
I wonder if you could get a shim made, so you could just use a 1 1/2" stem ?

... I would have though problem solvers would be all over that, but thats one shim they are missing.

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
I wonder if you could get a shim made, so you could just use a 1 1/2" stem ?

... I would have though problem solvers would be all over that, but thats one shim they are missing.

I was reading about that the other day actually, totally forgot about 1 1/2" steer tubes on trail bikes as I only started riding again in 2014.

I did find an OD2 50mm stem at the Giant store in Vancouver but it's $100...

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:07 Quote
Caught by the same stupid thing. Bought my daughter an Intrigue, bought a nice 50mm stem of pink bike..and found it wouldn't fit. The bike industry has to stop doing dumb-ass things like this!

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 21:47 Quote
cmullins wrote:
Caught by the same stupid thing. Bought my daughter an Intrigue, bought a nice 50mm stem of pink bike..and found it wouldn't fit. The bike industry has to stop doing dumb-ass things like this!

Giant Vancouver may still have that OD2 stem, I never ended up buying it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005128
Mobile Version of Website