PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Hightower LT stolen from Evolution Whistler on Thursday, April 12
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
STOLEN BICYCLE FROM EVOLUTUON YESTERDAY:

Santa Cruz Hightower LT S, Medium, Green
Htwr LT 1 C 29 18 M GRN S-Kit

PS1711P-10190MC

( Found under the lower link, stamped on the front triangle)
https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/how-find-your-serial-number

Distinguishing feature: Brand New with 3M taped frame and fork. Image of bike and list of parts on our FB page: https://m.facebook.com/evolutionwhistler/

Stolen by a South American man in late 30’s, shaved head, aprox 5’8”, light accent
Using ID with name Luis Alberto, Gonzalez, but this is not likely his own name. Image of the ID he was using on our FB page: https://m.facebook.com/evolutionwhistler/

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
evolutionwhistler wrote:
STOLEN BICYCLE FROM EVOLUTUON YESTERDAY:

Ahh shit, that sucks... know quite a few people in Whistler... have "shared" and hope he hasn't left town yet and is caught.

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 at 10:03 Quote
That really sucks, hope you get the bastard

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 11:02 Quote
Happy ending on this one. Cheers to Jenine @ Whistler for her persistence and RCMP in busting this scumbag.

THANK YOU AGAIN TO THE FACEBOOK COMMUNITY!

Luis Alberto Gonzalez has been arrested
and our HIghtower LT has been recovered!!!

UPDATED Sunday, April 15:
On Friday I made the post to Facebook about the theft of a Santa Cruz Hightower LT, green, medium from Evolution Whistler and information about the thief started pouring in that was used to arrest him. I was in Vancouver on Friday running errands and Friday the 13th ended up being spent on the phone between errand in Vancouver knowing I was near my bike and the thief. My investigation involved 6 phone calls to the Whistler RCMP to keep them updated as i gained information, 1 phone call to the VPD, a trip out to YVR to speak with Richmond RCMP at the airport in and finally meeting with a US Border Officer in person. Through Facebook we discovered that the thief has a long history in BC and Alberta causing grief to many people. The power of community caught up with him before he could get away, and he was arrested in the Lower Mainland on Saturday, and again in Whistler on Sunday and he will be held until he appears in court this week. A likely condition he will recived will be that he is never to return to Whistler, so if he is ever spotted here in the future, please contact the Whistler RCMP. I belive he is a Canadian Citizen; however the ID he showed us was from El Salvador. I will add better photos of him as i obtain them.

Thank you to everyone for your information and tips, the arrest and return of our bike was possible becuase of the information we received through facebook messages to us.
~Jenine

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004875
Mobile Version of Website