What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 20:42 Quote
Beautiful combo those orange lenses looks really good.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 23:54 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Beautiful combo those orange lenses looks really good.

Cheers man, I'm really pleased with them. Just about to go on a ride too but I was amazed at the comfort compared to the Accuri's on the first try, a very light even pressure on the face. I loved the Accuri and they are comfy but these are considerably better, for twice the price im glad they are lol The FOV is larger too, so all round winners for me. The Orange frame is also ALOT brighter in person, its a true fluorescent, the same as the accents on the 100% Aircraft chin and peak-the pics don't really do it justice. Looks sweet imo.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 0:04 Quote
nickkk wrote:
Scott Prospect Fluro Orange Orange Chrome
Scott Prospect Fluro Orange Orange Chrome
2017 Scott Prospect. Fluro Orange + Orange Chrome lens. Bell Full 9.
Nice combo! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 16:09 Quote
That's badass! What is the rest of your kit??? stealthy

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 0:04 Quote
no1000 wrote:
That's badass! What is the rest of your kit??? stealthy
ha thanks. It's mostly black riding gear to be honest. Always been attracted to the stealthy look. No DH pyjamas here..though I like the fluro TLD Air gloves. There's some pics on my page Salute

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
The most important part of your kit; the duvel Salute

haha looks sick man! I've always loved the stealth with reflective lenses look too

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 22:41 Quote
no1000 wrote:
The most important part of your kit; the duvel Salute

haha looks sick man! I've always loved the stealth with reflective lenses look too

Yup, Duvel is essential lol gotta have some Belgian gold in there post ride.

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
pre, mid and post ride man. Beer

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 11:01 Quote
no1000 wrote:
pre, mid and post ride man. Beer

Lol, atleast when I hit the deck I'd be smiling. Will have to try that one day..

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
Whats everyone think of the ixs xact full face for DH? Fit is awesome, nice and light but is it suitable for whistler riding and full on DH?

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 3:22 Quote
Hi, I would like to buy some new goggles and tought the Scott Prospect would be a great option because of the immense view. Though I do have some questions to be answered:
- Will these fit my Fox Rampage Pro Carbon medium?
- Would these also be suited for enduro and a bit more agrresive trail riding? Going to use it for DH also but that shouldn't cause a problem. Because it's a MX goggle I don't know if riding trails that are mostly going down and still some ups would cause difficulties. The area around my eyes I do not want to be super sweaty and thereby have a goggle that fogs up. It doesn't really bother me if they don't fit a half-face helmet.

If you have experience with these please share!

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
Giro disciple with 199 gogs

Giro disciple and 100% lenses

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 11:56 Quote
curtiskulliw wrote:

How's the ventilation on the disciple?

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
AOshred wrote:
Hi, I would like to buy some new goggles and tought the Scott Prospect would be a great option because of the immense view. Though I do have some questions to be answered:
- Will these fit my Fox Rampage Pro Carbon medium?
- Would these also be suited for enduro and a bit more agrresive trail riding? Going to use it for DH also but that shouldn't cause a problem. Because it's a MX goggle I don't know if riding trails that are mostly going down and still some ups would cause difficulties. The area around my eyes I do not want to be super sweaty and thereby have a goggle that fogs up. It doesn't really bother me if they don't fit a half-face helmet.

If you have experience with these please share!

Cannot comment on the Fox helmet compatibility but the Prospect is an EXCELLENT goggle. By far the most comfortable I have worn. Very light and I've had no issues to date with fogging. They exert a very light pressure on the face and the nose is unobstructed. Obviously, YMMV with regards to face shape and preferences, but the goggle is exceptionally high quality, and comes with a clear spare lense and is very easy to swap out. I use it for DH/Freeride and found ventilation excellent so far. Would absolutely recommend them.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 18:31 Quote
newschooler wrote:
curtiskulliw wrote:

How's the ventilation on the disciple?

It's definitely a downhill helmet. Haha when I'm pinning it my heads cold. But it's warm when I stop haha.
But I like it so far.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017668
Mobile Version of Website