What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 4:46 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
If you are a nanny who is terrified of everything and likes to make fashion statements then go ahead and get a super 3r or switchblade...

I got a super 2R because it was on sale at a pretty good price in the size I needed and the color I liked. I took the chin bar off and it's been in the box in my closet since then. lol If I need a full face I have my SE4 for my motorcycle I can wear.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
Fox Rampage Pro Carbon and 100 Percent Strata
photo

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 1:25 Quote
photo

Troy Lee Designs D3 and Oakley Airbrakes with roll off kit(Red lens on the way)
Ended up getting the helmet from Bike24 for a better price.

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 23:35 Quote
Just a heads up for anyone EU looking for a new helmet. Chainreaction have the 100% Aircraft DH for 120 (110 after extra discount and wheres my pound sign gone Big Grin ) http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/100-aircraft-dh-helmet-biturbo-white/rp-prod142339

I managed to snag a small so am praying it fits as this will be my first 100% helmet and am usually between sizes for literally everything

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 16:12 Quote
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a 100% Aircraft helmet. My head circumfrence is 58.5 cm, which puts me right between a medium and a large. I know I should go for the large in that case, but I've read that the cheek pads are quite snug, so would it be wise to go up to the XL?

Edit: I don't have the means to try one on.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 17:54 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a 100% Aircraft helmet. My head circumfrence is 58.5 cm, which puts me right between a medium and a large. I know I should go for the large in that case, but I've read that the cheek pads are quite snug, so would it be wise to go up to the XL?

Get the large. If you were to get an XL because of snug cheek pads, you would end up with a helmet that is too loose and it will flop around on your head once those cheek pads break in, and the will break in.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 1:31 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:

Edit: I don't have the means to try one on.

I received my helmet this morning and the fit is perfect, in fact it feels like they'll be plenty of give over time, looking at the size chart i'd say you should get a medium (my head circumference is 56.5 and I got a small) as thats up to 58

The quality/weight of the helmet is unreal still can't believe I picked it up for cheaper than a status Big Grin

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
I have a problem with my current goggles, the cheap Fox Main ones. They get very sweaty and irritate my skin really bad. So I'm looking to buy a new pair, do you guys have any recommendations for something with better sweat management, or maybe a superior material?

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 4:54 Quote
pufi wrote:
I have a problem with my current goggles, the cheap Fox Main ones. They get very sweaty and irritate my skin really bad. So I'm looking to buy a new pair, do you guys have any recommendations for something with better sweat management, or maybe a superior material?
i had the same problem with my mains, so i bought some 100% speedcrafts. cant comment on them yet because they havent arrived, but i cant see myself having any problems

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 5:53 Quote
2 words, melon parker

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 18:49 Quote
New lid

New lid arrived today! So stoked!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 20:13 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
New lid

f*ck I want an aircraft so bad

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 23:44 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
New lid

I believe the correct term for this is 'dialed'

Absolutely love that. Well played sir.

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
white aircraft... nice clean setup

Posted: Sep 8, 2017 at 23:43 Quote
Are we doing Aircrafts?

photo

I couldn't find a matching Accuri (or Strata) pair for love nor money, so picked up the Air Defence in a sale, total for the pair £150

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019547
Mobile Version of Website