PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
capitaineob wrote:
stuffy1122 wrote:
capitaineob wrote:
Hello there fellow riders,

Last time (and only) I bought a full face helmet, it was ten years ago.
Choices were simple : Matte Black Giro Remedy for 100$ Canadian.
Looked fine, cheap($$), simple, what can you ask more?

I need a new one. (I still use the same helmet after 10 seasons!!!!! :rollSmile
But I can't find one that look fine for 100$.
Why isn't there a new "Remedy"!?!?!?

I really like the giro DISCIPLE MIPS, but its 300$ when I get a good deal.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

to answer the topic, I use Giro Remedy Helmet with Smith moto goggles-they probably don't to those anymore haha (mirror lens when it's sunny Cool )

Maybe check out the 661 Reset Helmet

Thanks man! I just ordered that Reset helmet for 104$ Canadian, tax and shipping included!
exaclty what I was looking for.

Where did you get it from? That's cheap.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
What do you guys think of this?

https://mxformula.com/products/racers-4-pack

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
my old 100 percent goggles are pretty beat and I want to change things up but i dont know what will fit best for my helmet which is a fox rampage carbon, what do you guys think

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 0:19 Quote
Really like my fox rpc/melon combo

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 7:39 Quote
bobj wrote:
Really like my fox rpc/melon combo

same here!

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 11:12 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
capitaineob wrote:
stuffy1122 wrote:

Thanks man! I just ordered that Reset helmet for 104$ Canadian, tax and shipping included!

Strait from 661 web site!
https://sixsixone.ca/collections/helmets

Just got it today !!!! Pretty nice for a hundred bucks!
Decently light. Fits well.

new helmet old goggles

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
capitaineob wrote:
stuffy1122 wrote:

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 18:03 Quote
TLD D2 ($70) and Fox Main ($30). All brand new. Pretty stoked considering that combo was half the price of my AM helmet (POC Tectal).

Will post a pic when I get home from work.

Posted: Jun 2, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
I have the 100% Racecraft goggles and ordered a blue mirror lens, but it isn't really much of a mirror effect. It's just rather a light tint. Is it normal? I have seen lenses that have the true mirror effect I am looking for, but now I am not sure which one to order. Any tips?

Posted: Jun 2, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
I have the 100% Racecraft goggles and ordered a blue mirror lens, but it isn't really much of a mirror effect. It's just rather a light tint. Is it normal? I have seen lenses that have the true mirror effect I am looking for, but now I am not sure which one to order. Any tips?

I also have the Blue Mirror lens, yeah, doesn't have a ton of the mirror effect, but does work o.k. for me.

Posted: Jun 2, 2018 at 13:09 Quote
I'm riding with a fox rampage comp imperial helmet and some matching fox air defence libra goggles, I'm really comfortable with this combo
<Deleted photo>

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
saskskier wrote:
TLD D2 ($70) and Fox Main ($30). All brand new. Pretty stoked considering that combo was half the price of my AM helmet (POC Tectal).

Will post a pic when I get home from work.

photo

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 15:43 Quote
Giro Cipher in last years black/white/green colorway and Smith Fuel V2 in Pastrana Neon. I have a pair of Melon Parker's as well, but the lenses don't hold up as well or filter as well, and they actually fog up pretty bad for me. I have taken all the foam out of the side and top vents on the Smiths though, I don't have problems with dust unless it's really bad.

Love the 661 reset, was a bit nervous going CPSC instead of ASTM F1952 DH certified or I would have gotten an orange/white/tropical reset. They look almost like Samurai helmets the way they stylized the vents on the chin bar.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
LoganKM1982 wrote:
Giro Cipher in last years black/white/green colorway and Smith Fuel V2 in Pastrana Neon. I have a pair of Melon Parker's as well, but the lenses don't hold up as well or filter as well, and they actually fog up pretty bad for me. I have taken all the foam out of the side and top vents on the Smiths though, I don't have problems with dust unless it's really bad.

Love the 661 reset, was a bit nervous going CPSC instead of ASTM F1952 DH certified or I would have gotten an orange/white/tropical reset. They look almost like Samurai helmets the way they stylized the vents on the chin bar.

The reset isn't DH certified? I thought it was.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
Fox rampage pro carbon
I also like mods and items in Warframe, where you can also buy helmets and frames with better optics. However, it's best to have platinum and buy frames, or you can buy platinum for real money here buy warframe platinum
No problem and you're welcome, write to me if you need help.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018558
Mobile Version of Website