What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
Does anybody here remove the mouthgurad foam on fullfaces? I know the athertons all slightly modify their helmets by doing so.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
newschooler wrote:
Does anybody here remove the mouthgurad foam on fullfaces? I know the athertons all slightly modify their helmets by doing so.

I have it done on my aircraft, just to be slightly more breathable when climbing during races.. Cant see any drawbacks too it.. makes it easier to clean too!

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 15:58 Quote
Do you mean the mesh vents? It would make it easier to swallow bugs lol

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 4:15 Quote
Hi all. So I'm using right now Giro Cipher + TLD D3 Fiberlite. I'm also wearing glasses so I was in need for some OTG MX googles. The seller at the shop told me that Oakley O2 MX are OTG compatible so I choose them. Oakley ''OTG'' O2 MX google fit with my glasses very well. Here are some of my photos .
TLD D3 Fiberlite Mono Black Oakley O2 MX Intimidator Gunmetal Yellow
TLD D3 Fiberlite Mono Black Oakley O2 MX Intimidator Gunmetal Yellow
Giro Cipher Custom tuned Oakley O2 MX RPM Gunmetal Green
Giro Cipher Custom tuned Oakley O2 MX RPM Gunmetal Green
Bell Super 3R Oakley O2 MX RPM Gunmetal Green
Oakley OTG O2 MX google fit with my glasses very well
Oakley OTG O2 MX google fit with my glasses very well

There are a lot more photos in my album right here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Smilicito/album/Helmy/

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 15:59 Quote
That cipher look so nice!!

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
LoganKM1982 wrote:
Giro Cipher in last years black/white/green colorway and Smith Fuel V2 in Pastrana Neon. I have a pair of Melon Parker's as well, but the lenses don't hold up as well or filter as well, and they actually fog up pretty bad for me. I have taken all the foam out of the side and top vents on the Smiths though, I don't have problems with dust unless it's really bad.

Love the 661 reset, was a bit nervous going CPSC instead of ASTM F1952 DH certified or I would have gotten an orange/white/tropical reset. They look almost like Samurai helmets the way they stylized the vents on the chin bar.

The reset isn't DH certified? I thought it was.

I have only found verification that it’s cpsc but I could be wrong. In this case I would actually be very happy to be wrong.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
loganm2977 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
LoganKM1982 wrote:
Giro Cipher in last years black/white/green colorway and Smith Fuel V2 in Pastrana Neon. I have a pair of Melon Parker's as well, but the lenses don't hold up as well or filter as well, and they actually fog up pretty bad for me. I have taken all the foam out of the side and top vents on the Smiths though, I don't have problems with dust unless it's really bad.

Love the 661 reset, was a bit nervous going CPSC instead of ASTM F1952 DH certified or I would have gotten an orange/white/tropical reset. They look almost like Samurai helmets the way they stylized the vents on the chin bar.

The reset isn't DH certified? I thought it was.

I have only found verification that it’s cpsc but I could be wrong. In this case I would actually be very happy to be wrong.

From the 661 site, I'm not sure if these certifications mean it's safe for DH

Complies to standards: CPSC, CE: 1078, AS/NZS 2064 Certification

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 15:52 Quote
Time for a new helmet, anyone still using TLD D2?

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 6:29 Quote
Hello, my current combo: Bell Super DH in copper and Melon Parker MTB (black frame, blue chrome lens and palms strap). Beer
photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
Roguee wrote:
newschooler wrote:

I have it done on my aircraft, just to be slightly more breathable when climbing during races.. Cant see any drawbacks too it.. makes it easier to clean too!

Did you just take a knife and cut it out or is there some way to remove it cleanly? Been thinking about doing this with my D3

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
[Quote="NotSoDirty"]Hello, my current combo: Bell Super DH in copper and Melon Parker MTB (black frame, blue chrome lens and palms strap).
I’ve got a few pairs of melon goggles , started using them last year racing motocross. Good goggles with a great field of view , nice and customizable too.

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
Bell Transfer 9 with Mx Formula goggles.
Bell Transfer 9 with Mx Formula goggles

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 5:53 Quote
My current setup consists of a TLD D3 with 100% Racecraft goggles, a spare Giro Cipher with spare 100% Racecraft goggles and a Giro Chronicle

Giro Chronicle TLD D3 Giro Cipher 100 Racecraft x2

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 6:53 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
My current setup consists of a TLD D3 with 100% Racecraft goggles, a spare Giro Cipher with spare 100% Racecraft goggles and a Giro Chronicle

Giro Chronicle TLD D3 Giro Cipher 100 Racecraft x2

Hi mate I have same full face helmets as yours, also Giro Cipher and TLD D3(fiber lite) Big Grin NICE !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029311
Mobile Version of Website