What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
Does anyone have experience using the Proframe with a neck brace, specifically a Leatt 5.5 (or 6.5)

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
Just dropping in to show off my new Fox Speedframe Pro

forum use

Also the whole helmet collection so far

forum use

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 13:01 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
Also the whole helmet collection so far

forum use

And I thought my collection of 3 was a lot...

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
how you finding the fit on that new fox helmet, is it similar shape to the proframe? I recently got the 100% Altec but it didn't fit well at all.

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
And I thought my collection of 3 was a lot...

They’ve accumulated over 10 years, I only actually wear the Fox Rampage Pro Carbon and now the Speedframe Pro.
Also, I was unlucky to trash the D3 after 4 or so months, so I was forced to get a new helmet somewhat prematurely

joepuddle wrote:
how you finding the fit on that new fox helmet, is it similar shape to the proframe? I recently got the 100% Altec but it didn't fit well at all.

I haven’t had much contact with the Proframe
apart from a quick fit at the shop, so I can’t compare them properly. The RPC fits
me nicely, slightly better than the D3 and definitely more snug than the Proframe; the liner is a lot less airy, if you will. (The sizing is the same I believe, I just meant the fact that there’s more room between the padding cushions on the Proframe). However, I have to mention, it would hurt my left earlobe for the first few months of wearing, for some reason. This is no longer a problem, now that the helmet’s bedded in nicely (is that the correct term for a helmet?)

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Yeah, I crashed my Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro after just over 3 months of use and replaced it with a Proframe because I almost always used it with the chinbar on. Just recently bought a Smith Forefront 2 to use on XC rides because a full face is overkill, but I haven't got any pics of it yet

Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro after taking a crash RIP you will be missed

Got a concussion in the crash btw

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
Ouch, unlucky. I haven’t had any experience with Leatt helmets, but I reckon the Proframe is a solid choice

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 21:28 Quote
Just wondering which MTB helmet y'all would recommend in terms of the *least bulbous* on the head?
Every helmet I have tried looks like a giant mushroom and I am just wondering if some of the newer helmets have a sleeker profile?
I have heard the Kali Maya 2 and Kali Interceptor are "smaller" helmets...
My secondary consideration is good ventilation.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
i run the proframe, feels very light, and is very protective. Probably the best looking helmet in my opinion, is the poc coron air spin, that will be my next full face, almost no doubt.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
TLD stage is pretty low profile as well.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
traqs wrote:
i run the proframe, feels very light, and is very protective. Probably the best looking helmet in my opinion, is the poc coron air spin, that will be my next full face, almost no doubt.

+1 on this. I use my proframe for pretty much everything other than commuting. I had one big crash in it and im 100% if I didn't have it I would have either lost a good few teeth / had a concussion. Its boring buying the same black helmet all the time but if it works it works.

photo

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 4:57 Quote
Yardankerty wrote:
Just wondering which MTB helmet y'all would recommend in terms of the *least bulbous* on the head?
Every helmet I have tried looks like a giant mushroom and I am just wondering if some of the newer helmets have a sleeker profile?
I have heard the Kali Maya 2 and Kali Interceptor are "smaller" helmets...
My secondary consideration is good ventilation.

Most newer helmets look good and sleek. I would recommend the new Fox Speedframe, the TLD A1/A2, or the Giro Chronicle. None of those stand out to me as bulbous

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 2:33 Quote
Hi all.
In the market for a new trail lid. My go to for dh is tld d3. But im stuck on which helmet to go for.
Stuck between 100%, tld and fox. Also the leatts look good and seem to offer great protection.
Anyone usng the 100% altec? is it a nic fit?. Also which trail lid does sam hill use?

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
Hi All, i have just purchased a TLD D4 in size L and am looking at getting a set of Smith Squads, does anyone know which is the better fit, Squad XL or Just the Squad. I have to buy online as no shops here sell them so i cant try to see which is the better fit. TIA

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 16:46 Quote
fourteentwelve wrote:
Hi All, i have just purchased a TLD D4 in size L and am looking at getting a set of Smith Squads, does anyone know which is the better fit, Squad XL or Just the Squad. I have to buy online as no shops here sell them so i cant try to see which is the better fit. TIA
I have the reg Squad and Im an xl in the D3, fits pretty good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019778
Mobile Version of Website