Suntour Aion

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
Anyone have ridden this fork? I see there are very good opinions for this quite cheap fork

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 2:28 Quote
Yes, had the 130mm option, rode it for 2 years with 1 lower leg service and felt as good if not better than the Rockshox Yari I am riding now. Fit and forget. The only issue is that the axle mechanism is a bit of a faff.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
So for a budget fork is good enough? Because brand new is like half the price of the Yari. Is this aion fork stiff enough for descending on rocks, roots, stairs?

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
Definitely, its very good, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm fairly light but have ridden plenty of rocks, roots and stairs without the fork ever entering my mind.

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
I have the 160mm version of this fork, and it is definitely very nice, only issues are that it is quite noisy, makes a slurping sound when it compresses, and this might just be that I need a service, but the fork is rebounding really weird and is feeling quite firm, but that might just be me. My fork has been put through it all, steps, rocks, roots everything, and a few huge hucks to flat, and after probably 1,000 miles of that, it is just now feeling like it needs a service. So yeah, it is a great fork, and only has minor issues.

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 18:56 Quote
So for the price is best buy option? Nice, maybe i get one then

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
Agreed, a bit noisy

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
Noise is not a problem, it has a lockout, it is cheap brand new, it is 160mm with ok stiffness, enough for adventure riding, and minimum maintenance, also maybe I convert bike to SS ???????? and invest in zee or mt5 brakes or dropper

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 8:40 Quote
I don't believe the Aion has a lockout, I think the Auron does but stock the Aion doesn't

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 9:03 Quote
There in an RL-R model here in eu webshops, with lockout, rebound, travel spacers 120-160 and volume spacer, so basic fork with rebound and lockout...

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 23:18 Quote
I have the 2016 rl Version on my bfe and can’t fault it,
Stiff enough and easy to set up,
Very under rated fork (especially for the price)

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 7:21 Quote
Nice to hear, then i will get one for sure

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009983
Mobile Version of Website