Which halo and DMR Wink

Not everyone knows!

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
lol fair point

i kinda was going for the dirt jump wheel

so like dmr comp vs halo combat or sas prehaps

or just what company you prefer!

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
i have ridden dmr comp rims and they are very flexible and this makes them fold easily and give for a rather strange landing so i would personly go for halo sas bomb proof!
(not combats!!)

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
well i havent tried dmr but i have 3 halo SAS rims, 2 on my DH bike nd one on my DJ bike and ther amazing like i cant see dmr rims being better coz halos are bombproof

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
I wouldn't get either of them, but that's my opinion.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
DMR Hubs, Halo Rims.

Specifically:
The Halo Spin doctor hubs
blow up their bearings and seize up the freehubs.
The DMR DV rim
made of cheese, and joined badly.

unless there's been a vast improvement from the 2007 stuff.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
None.. I'd ride sun Mtx with hope pro 2 hubs...

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
Pro2 on Atomlab Pimplite for me.

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
i run dmr wheels and havent had any problems yet..

revolver hubs on dv rims and have held up nicely, the rear hub is a 14mm axle so super strong.

i've never owned halos so can't really comment on them

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 12:15 Quote
i have ridden 26" halo combats, where pretty bomb proof, only prob i had, they dink real easy on the side walls, i had quite a few dinks goin round them after a couple of years riding them!

now ive gone 24" i ride dmr back line's these replaced the old dv's which i thaught where poo cause my friend has buckled his so many times!
but the back lines seem solid great light wheels that put up with my bad riding skills, where i hook up all the time Smile

hubs ive had dmr revolvers since they came out and i even ride 1 on the front of my dh rig!

if you check my pics, u can see my old (old) kona scab with combat on the back, i did get one for the front soon after the pic, and u can see my charge with the back lines.

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 4:16 Quote
Amazing really, no matter what subject you post theres always douche bags like "gingersaurus" and "Joshst" who think that there opinion on something completely different actually matters, i also find it funny that they quote wheels that they dont have and will probably never get!

Ive ridden DV wheels and halo wheels, halo SAS wins hands down, fair enough DV's are light but halo are sooooo much stronger! even in 24", i would even say combats are better to be honest, ive always found DV's build quality to be a bit shabby plus they seem to flex alot which some people like but personaly not for me! Although after saying all that the Revolver hubs do last! ive had one for 2 years and the bearings are just starting to go!

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 at 4:29 Quote
Halo hubs FTW, have been running Halo's since I started riding street, has NEVER failed me. Currently run a Halo MX 14mm front and a Halo DJD rear....no play whatsoever and still run smooth. If I were to choose between Halo and DMR rims, I'd choose Halo Tornado's....but if I could pick any rim I'd pick what I have right now, Mavic 721.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 5:19 Quote
halos are a lot stronger and have superior build quality compared to dmr rims.
when it comes to hubs they are both good it just comes down to rider preference

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
Samuell wrote:
Amazing really, no matter what subject you post theres always douche bags like "gingersaurus" and "Joshst" who think that there opinion on something completely different actually matters, i also find it funny that they quote wheels that they dont have and will probably never get!

Ive ridden DV wheels and halo wheels, halo SAS wins hands down, fair enough DV's are light but halo are sooooo much stronger! even in 24", i would even say combats are better to be honest, ive always found DV's build quality to be a bit shabby plus they seem to flex alot which some people like but personaly not for me! Although after saying all that the Revolver hubs do last! ive had one for 2 years and the bearings are just starting to go!

Not everone lives in poverty, so we can afford a decent set of wheels. I have had 2 sets of Pro2 on Pimplite wheels and found them infinately better than the machine built crap that is the DV and SAS wheels, of which I have had a set of each.

The DV rims are stupidly easy to buckle and made of cheese. The SAS wheels weigh a f*cktonne with no real advantage, as there a lighter and stronger rims out there.

Also what kind of insult is 'douche bag'? Come up with some decent insults you retard.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010185
Mobile Version of Website