HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
webber123 wrote:
It must be said that the halos do weight a lot, although saying that the Sunringle Double Wide 24inch come in at a wopping 900G!!! weighed my new one just the other day.

shut up if you want wheels dor dj and street you want something that will last theres no point in buying cheese wheels HALO all the way!! and theyre not that bad if you pick them wisely

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
terrance- wrote:
webber123 wrote:
It must be said that the halos do weight a lot, although saying that the Sunringle Double Wide 24inch come in at a wopping 900G!!! weighed my new one just the other day.

shut up if you want wheels dor dj and street you want something that will last theres no point in buying cheese wheels HALO all the way!! and theyre not that bad if you pick them wisely

You can have strength aswell as lightness. And telling some one to shut up is hardly a crediable argument.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
get halo.... many people have told me they are industructable. sorry about the spelling

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
bikingnut wrote:
get halo.... many people have told me they are industructable. sorry about the spelling

Dont belive all you hear, not saying there weak, but if i told you bender fliped the jaw drop, would you belive me?

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
wats better halo combats or dmr deevee?

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
webber123 wrote:
bikingnut wrote:

Dont belive all you hear, not saying there weak, but if i told you bender fliped the jaw drop, would you belive me?
ah i see ur point. ok

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
callummeakin wrote:

Combats1!!!

well, halo win all the way guys!

Got a set of SAS on an Ex[alt] ( for dh), and rode the vast majority of the top section with a flat on the rear wheel, was flying down, and the only damage to the wheel is cosmetic!

SAY NO TO CHEESE RIMS!

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
Do yourselves all a favor, and get sun rims if your running 24" or Mavics if your running 26"

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
mattf wrote:
DMR Hubs, Halo Rims.

Specifically:
The Halo Spin doctor hubs
blow up their bearings and seize up the freehubs.
The DMR DV rim
made of cheese, and joined badly.

unless there's been a vast improvement from the 2007 stuff.

theres 09 stuff coming out now n id go for halo purple rims (new)

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
webber123 wrote:
Do yourselves all a favor, and get sun rims if your running 24" or Mavics if your running 26"
every ones not made of money u know

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
callummeakin wrote:
halo combats cuz they r double walled not sure bout dmr devee tho but they dnt look very good

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:14 Quote
danwheat wrote:
webber123 wrote:
every ones not made of money u know

Im not made of money, i have a 721 £36 and a sun rim double wide £35, all bought by myself with nothing more then £10 a week from a paper round.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
ive had a halo tornado front 20mm wheel for 2 years now and i havent had to true it. Halo makes good stuff for a good price, dmr also makes some rad stuff. I think either way you would end up with a good wheel set.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
danwheat wrote:
callummeakin wrote:
halo combats cuz they r double walled not sure bout dmr devee tho but they dnt look very good
dmr dvs are stronger than combats i tacod some combats in 2 weeks my dvs are 4 months strong make sure you get them built properly is always help f**k halo

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
swifty17uk wrote:
danwheat wrote:
callummeakin wrote:
dmr dvs are stronger than combats i tacod some combats in 2 weeks my dvs are 4 months strong make sure you get them built properly is always help f**k halo

F8ck you, a riding mate had some combats ran em for a year, and he was a pretty harsh rider at the time ( no nice and smooth!)
But anyway, the only problem was the budget hubs they were laced to, the rims are still perfectly true, a lil cosmetic damage, but big deal

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029542
Mobile Version of Website