HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
HALO vs DMR the wheel fight off!
Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
thecorporatemachine wrote:
swifty17uk wrote:
danwheat wrote:

halo combats cuz they r double walled not sure bout dmr devee tho but they dnt look very good
dmr dvs are stronger than combats i tacod some combats in 2 weeks my dvs are 4 months strong make sure you get them built properly is always help f**k halo

F8ck you, a riding mate had some combats ran em for a year, and he was a pretty harsh rider at the time ( no nice and smooth!)
But anyway, the only problem was the budget hubs they were laced to, the rims are still perfectly true, a lil cosmetic damage, but big deal
im speaking from my experance so need to give out s**t i have run both rims and from that the dv has been the best rim out of them, any rim built up good will be decent, has your mate ran both rims ????

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
swifty17uk wrote:
thecorporatemachine wrote:
swifty17uk wrote:

dmr dvs are stronger than combats i tacod some combats in 2 weeks my dvs are 4 months strong make sure you get them built properly is always help f**k halo

F8ck you, a riding mate had some combats ran em for a year, and he was a pretty harsh rider at the time ( no nice and smooth!)
But anyway, the only problem was the budget hubs they were laced to, the rims are still perfectly true, a lil cosmetic damage, but big deal
im speaking from my experance so need to give out s**t i have run both rims and from that the dv has been the best rim out of them, any rim built up good will be decent, has your mate ran both rims ????

Nope, But after running the combats and Having no problems with them, why would he bother?
is now on some mavic DH rims, no idea what they are like!
And i am on SAS,
As have posted on here already, rode the top section of hammers with a flat and sustained no damage to the rear wheel!
Not many rims can boast that kind of strength lol

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
when i got my dmr, it had the dmr dv rims on revolver hubs, i replaced the front wheel within 2 months with a halo sas on a halo hub. iv had that for 3 years and is still sound!

the back dv held out well for 3 years but i replaced it with a sas last summer. the dv and sas wheels r both awesome, sas is stronger in my opinion

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
tbh i rekon halo sas are redundant if u want 26" mavic 24" atomlab and the sas are heavy as hell and same price as atomlabs/mavics ill be changing my dvs for pimplites later this month

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
you cannot say what are better unless you have run both wheels, anyone would say somethings better if they havnt ridden anything else

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
well ive had a set of standard halo sas wheels for 2 years now .. bearings are fine rims run true lots of scratches all cosmetic theyve been crashed on a dh track plenty of times cased on jumps bailed and even fell 17ft off a vert onto the side of the rear wheel when i broke my scaphoid .. still true..................

my mate broke his dee vees on some tiny jumps in like a month give up/... dmr dont cut the cheese cos they are cheese !!

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
im running a pair of halo sas 26" on my dr.jekyll and a pair of dmr pro 26" on my trailstar, both are strong as hell dont know which one will fail first. i also ran the sas in a 24" set and their still true and bearings are smooth as silk.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
Iv had both the DMR DV and the Halo SAS and to be honest i preffer the SAS.
Plenty strong enough for what you can throw at it!
Granted i now have Atomlab rims but that was just due to the fact that i like lightness and strengh, not just one or the other.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
Granted i now have Atomlab rims but that was just due to the fact that i like lightness and strengh, not just one or the other.
ive also got a pair of atomlab trail pimps in 24" but the sas were just a lil bit sweeter especialy in white

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
freeridereddie wrote:
charge-rider wrote:
ive also got a pair of atomlab trail pimps in 24" but the sas were just a lil bit sweeter especialy in white
I originally bought my one for the white but after a while it just got a bit boring =\

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 at 3:19 Quote
iowrider wrote:
halo wins anyday. dmr are shit. my friend blake samson who is sponsered by dmr and supposed to run dmr backlines has cracked two rims clean at where they are joined.

he prefers halo as they have a welded join inside and are much stronger..

halo wins..

Wink

Scout honesty what are you talking about?
Your lying out your ass
I was taling to blake the other day about what you said on here and he has never boken a dmr rim and have broken countless halo wheels!

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 at 3:30 Quote
I think Tornados and Backlines are pretty much the same rim (along with pimplites and revolutions). The DMR hubs win it for me as rims are rims as far as these companies go.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
i run a halo sas djd wheel 48 spoke it was smooth as hell and nice hub sound but then i landed a spine to flat in a whip and i bent a spoke and buckled my wheel and crushed my driver bearings. they are very heavy indeed but if u see a cheap djd halo sas defo buy it ther pretty good if ur not a very hardcore rider. good for djs too and casing airs . and are dmr pro rear wheels any good i was looking into buying one. hope this helped

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
curlyaaron wrote:
i run a halo sas djd wheel 48 spoke it was smooth as hell and nice hub sound but then i landed a spine to flat in a whip and i bent a spoke and buckled my wheel and crushed my driver bearings. they are very heavy indeed but if u see a cheap djd halo sas defo buy it ther pretty good if ur not a very hardcore rider. good for djs too and casing airs . and are dmr pro rear wheels any good i was looking into buying one. hope this helped
not bad at all bearings are smooth as silk and i havent buckled them once

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
freeridereddie wrote:
curlyaaron wrote:
not bad at all bearings are smooth as silk and i havent buckled them once
was that about the dmr wheel or halo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027022
Mobile Version of Website