Powered by Outside

Moto C2R - Spring compatibility

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Moto C2R - Spring compatibility
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 14:02 Quote
Hi,

can i put a Fox spring in my Moto C2R? Or even other manufacturers springs?
How can i find out the inner diameters of the springs? Is there anything else to think about when talking about compatibility?

Help much appreciated,
Thx

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
I recently purchased a used bike with one of these shocks and no one seems to know where to get Marzocchi springs or what other manufacturer's springs will fit. From the searching I've done it seems like the Marzocchi springs have an inner diameter of 35.5mm. I purchased a Cane Creek spring which has an inner diameter of 36.5 assuming that it would fit but there is a little bit of play from side to side from the extra 1mm. I rode the bike once with the Cane Creek spring and although the bike rode great, I noticed a slight noise on hard impacts. After more searching, I found that Cane Creek offers a converter clip to allow the use of their springs on other brands such as Fox and Marzocchi. I purchased a set of these clips to see if that will fix the side to side play but they haven't arrived yet. I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your question more directly but there seems to be a lack of information on this subject so I figured I'd offer my two cents. If the clips from Cane Creek offer a solution I'll make sure to let you know.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
Thanks, would be great to get any news if you have some Smile

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 7:06 Quote
The converter clip didn't work unfortunately. The springs are so close in size that the Cane Creek spring wont fit over the clip (it's really more of a disk). I ended up ordering a Marzocchi spring from Germany and it fits almost exactly the same as the Cane Creek spring so I assume a little bit of play is normal. I ended up replacing all the pivot bearings in my frame so I assume that's where the noise was coming from. I also tried one of Cane Creek's Valt springs. Those don't fit the C2R at all. I ran out of threads on the shock body before I could get the spring to seat and ended up returning it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008980
Mobile Version of Website