Copy RideLogs from Trailforks to Wahoo Elemnt or Bolt on iOS (without a computer)

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Copy RideLogs from Trailforks to Wahoo Elemnt or Bolt on iOS (without a computer)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 11:29 Quote
I was on a road trip and was trying to load MTB Routes on to my Wahoo Elemnt on the fly and it wasn't easy to figure out.

After I got home I worked out the details and made some quick guides on how to actually get files synced between iOS apps for TrailForks to the Elemnt without a computer. Pardon the terrible blogger site, I just wanted to get the info posted where I could share it and update it.

TrailForks to Elemnt

Let me know if you have any feedback. Thought it would be helpful to share here.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
It does look like an opportunity to update the trailforks app so that when you hit the download button and select 'Copy to Element' that it actually imports properly. Though, the issue could be on the wahoo side, but I can't really tell.

The workaround in my instructions on saving the file and importing it to wahoo from there does seem to work relatively well though.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 15:42 Quote
I don't have a Wahoo to test, but I think that would be on their side. Their app is telling iOS that it can open a GPX file. We don't have any control over what apps are listed there or how they open the file.

Also note, that now on the website you can also download .FIT files for trails & routes.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I don't have a Wahoo to test, but I think that would be on their side. Their app is telling iOS that it can open a GPX file. We don't have any control over what apps are listed there or how they open the file.

Also note, that now on the website you can also download .FIT files for trails & routes.

Thanks for the insight. I at least wanted to put out some instructions on how to get this to work despite a lack of integration between the two apps.

I'll test out again later to see if any of the new updates to the wahoo elemnt app improve the ability to open (by only using the download button instead of going through saving and opening with the files app).

O+
Posted: May 15, 2018 at 6:26 Quote
FWIW, I reported the issues opening from the Trailforks app to wahoo support, hope they can work something out with future app updates for the iOS app.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
This process is no longer working, as the trailforks app "Download" to Files App doesn't work on iOS currently.

I can't get it to locally download a ridelog to either my Phone, google drive or dropbox, nor can I share to email with the gmail app. I'm going to post to the app bug report page.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Hmm seems something new one of the iOS updates has broken the file download. We'll look into it!

O+
Posted: May 7, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
Does anyone know if this issue was resolved. I was planning to purchase a Wahoo with a hope that it plays nice with Trailforks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011571
Mobile Version of Website