New Bike Big Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
New Bike Big Issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 4:17 Quote
Hello all,

I have recently purchased my first carbon bike last week, a 2018 Yeti SB5.5 and let me tell you, I could not be happier! The bike feels increible and fits me perfectly, however, there has been a constant creak with the bike. This may not bother a lot of people but I am very self concious about it and find it very distracting during a ride. It seems like its only happening when the bike is under pressure of pedal which leads me to believe it is the BB (press fit). On the other hand I almost feel if the shop that put the bike together tightened the bearing that hold the rear shock too tight and that is what is creaking...

Any tips to help find or solve this are appreciated. This could be a common theme with carbon bikes and I have to deal but I dont believe that is the case.

All my best,
Narwhal

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
Likely to be the BB, press fit is known to be creaky at times.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 5:47 Quote
bigburd wrote:

Will it go away?

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
On my old xc aluminum bike, I had a creaking as well. If you take your cranks off, and the bearings feel smooth, it may be you have a bent crank. Hard to do, but totally possible, its what happened to me. #toomuchpower

May not be either of thsoe though! Good luck

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
Narwhal1 wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Will it go away?

I have no experience with this issue and have only read other peoples problems and fixes, I'm pretty sure people use lock tite to keep the cups from moving, ask in the mechanics thread above and you will get good advice

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
You can also get a bottom bracket that threads together for press fit bikes. I think Praxis Works makes one.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008617
Mobile Version of Website