Moving to Sydney!

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Moving to Sydney!
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 19:41 Quote
Tora-Bora wrote:
And what about to take bike related liquids, such as tire sealant, brake fluid and so on. Are there restrictions about it in Australia? Moving next month, looking forward to ride Ourimbah, Awaba and Blue Mountains trails!

Save the hassle and buy it here,you can buy all the stuff locally or via the online places.

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 0:53 Quote
mekros wrote:
Tora-Bora wrote:
And what about to take bike related liquids, such as tire sealant, brake fluid and so on. Are there restrictions about it in Australia? Moving next month, looking forward to ride Ourimbah, Awaba and Blue Mountains trails!

Save the hassle and buy it here,you can buy all the stuff locally or via the online places.

The thing is my company pays for my relocation, so I'm going to take my home workshop to save money.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
Tora-Bora wrote:
mekros wrote:
Tora-Bora wrote:

The thing is my company pays for my relocation, so I'm going to take my home workshop to save money.

Fair enough, I can't help you much further other than start your search at our customs site:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 3:29 Quote
Tora-Bora wrote:

You're gonna be fine man. I was shitting myself about bringing my bike over.. Obviously there's like no feasible way to clean every spec of dirt from a used mountain bike. I declared i could potentially have dirt on my declaration (you're given this before you land), and explained how i wiped everything down with alcohol wipes etc and cleaned everything as much as possibe. They didnt even open my bike bag! Literally didnt even look.

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 2:34 Quote
ryan-irvine wrote:
Moving to Sydney in the next couple of days and lugging my bike with me.

What’s the biking scene got to offer local as well as day trips? Absolutely buzzing to get away from Scottish weather cycling!

I am a little worried about custom strick dirt policy.. any advice? Bikes been thoroughly pressure washed and wiped down..

Cheers ????

Definitely get on rotorburn forums....

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
mekros wrote:
Tora-Bora wrote:
mekros wrote:

Fair enough, I can't help you much further other than start your search at our customs site:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods
What company do you mean? I live in Texas, USA, and I have a big workspace for my motorcycle. I plan moving to Louisiana but the workshop is the main thing that's stopping me. I'm gonna contact a moving company (Eagle State to State Moving seems the best (https://eaglestatetostatemoving.com/interstate-moving-company/)) but I'm still worried 'cause I invested a lot of money, time and effort in the workshop. It's not like moving a piece of furniture.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 3:33 Quote
Hello, I just moved to Sydney until december and brought my dh bike with. I've been reading this post but the areas you mentioned seems to be more oriented for AM bike than dh bikes. I was looking to some videos of Hornsby and seems to be fun but seems to be some climbing to do, right? How long would it take to push my bike to do some decent lap?

If there is anyone who may be interested in joining me in the adventure, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for your help,
Francisco

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 23:34 Quote
dogmads wrote:
Hello, I just moved to Sydney until december and brought my dh bike with. I've been reading this post but the areas you mentioned seems to be more oriented for AM bike than dh bikes. I was looking to some videos of Hornsby and seems to be fun but seems to be some climbing to do, right? How long would it take to push my bike to do some decent lap?

If there is anyone who may be interested in joining me in the adventure, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for your help,
Francisco

Hornsby is XC. You would HATE it on a DH bike. And During a Sydney summer (expect up 40 deg c) you'll likely melt.

Google Mona Vale DH (or try Trailforks). You can ( I think) shuttle it but it can also be a push up if you want.

If you want real DH, you'll need to go up to Ourimbah (its pretty mellow for DH (most of us ride it on AM bikes) but Awaba (just outside of Newcastle) is a great fun track. If you're in Sydney, you'll need a car tho.

I'm afraid there isn't much in Sydney for DHers now. Plenty if you own a AM bike tho!

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
Mfro wrote:
dogmads wrote:

Thanks for your help,
Francisco

Hornsby is XC. You would HATE it on a DH bike. And During a Sydney summer (expect up 40 deg c) you'll likely melt.

Google Mona Vale DH (or try Trailforks). You can ( I think) shuttle it but it can also be a push up if you want.

If you want real DH, you'll need to go up to Ourimbah (its pretty mellow for DH 0 most of us ride it on AM bikes) but Awaba (just outside of Newcastle) is a great fun track. If you're in Sydney, you'll need a car tho.

I'm afraid there isn't much in Sydney for DHers now. Plenty if you own a AM bike tho!

Thanks man, ya unfortunately I only have a dh bike, in Vancouver is very useful haha. I'm here for three months and brought it to go to Tasmania at some point more than anything but I would also love to get out around here as much as I could of course.

I will check those areas you mentioned and already planning to rent a car at some point and get out.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 5:31 Quote
You’ll like Maydena then!

Thredbo is fun for a weekend in the DH but there’s more on offer for an AM bike.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
Mfro wrote:
You’ll like Maydena then!

Thredbo is fun for a weekend in the DH but there’s more on offer for an AM bike.

Cool! Ya I heard good thinks about maydena, can't wait to get there.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
Lapstone/Glenbrook has a DH track, west of Sydney. Could spend an afternoon sessioning it. Won't be like Van though Frown

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
bchank wrote:
Lapstone/Glenbrook has a DH track, west of Sydney. Could spend an afternoon sessioning it. Won't be like Van though Frown

Hahaha I kinda imagine would be hard to find something like van close to Sydney.

Thanks for the information. I will try to go and check it out.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010256
Mobile Version of Website