Split Pivot geometry change doohickey

PB Forum :: Devinci
Split Pivot geometry change doohickey
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 6:43 Quote
Anyone actually change theirs on a regular basis? Seems the bikes come set in the slacker setting and people just leave it there. Actually Im not sure which setting is which? Nothing on Youtube etc..

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
I been researching around too and haven't found anything but I had mine on the high position every time I would ride and to me the bike seemed more steady and firm.. I recently switched it to the lower position and I was able to play around more with the bike that's all I been able to tell so far

O+
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 21:59 Quote
I just flipped the chip on my Troy from the stock low position to a high position before my ride on Friday. I'd only ridden it on low and wanted to see how the bike felt after adjusting it.

Making the adjustment itself was fairly easy, but I don't think I'd go through the trouble of doing it trailside (like flipping it to the high position for the climbs then back to low for the descent). I found that I couldn't get the chip back in until I'd removed both of them together and it took a bit of wiggling and near-perfect alignment to get them back in again. I'd also recommend cleaning your bike (or at least around the adjustment parts) because it'd be very easy to get those bearings dirty.

Another very important thing to note is that the allen bolts are reverse threaded, like pedals are.

Here's a link to the Troy manual. Page 2 shows the positions of the settings.

The adjustment changes the length of the virtual seat stay. In the high position the stay is lengthened and the bottom bracket is raised and head tube angle is steepened. The reverse happens when you switch to the low setting.

From my very little experience on the bike, it felt more nimble to me in the high setting, and the handling reminded me of my XC hardtail. I ripped down a long, rough downhill section at the end of my ride and the bike still felt very stable and smooth. I'm too out of shape from winter still to tell if it helped on the climb or not. I'll probably try that same trail in the low position this week and see if I feel much of a difference.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008173
Mobile Version of Website