Can volume spacer reduce travel on fox float x?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Can volume spacer reduce travel on fox float x?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 19:57 Quote
Hey gus,
I recently bought used fox float x shox m/y 2015. Size is 7.875x2.25. Now I instaled the largest volume spacer because this is how I always like it. But now shock bottoms out around 7mm from the end of piston and travel is just aprox. 2 inches. It seems to be hitting spacer inside. I know there is another shock with same length but less travel, but is it possible, that my volume spacer is ment to be used only with this version?

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
remove the spacer and check the stroke?

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
Yeah I agree, take it out and measure it again, I would say take the air out and compress it if you haven't already, so yeah measure the stroke with no spacers, or if you have more spacers put them in and measure it again to see if they actually are hitting because that would be more noticeable than just 7mm.

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
Have you checked the Fox air volume reduction chart for your shock?.
It shows 4 variants of your shock size 7.875 x 2.25", only LV version can accept largest spacers.

Fox chart for Float volume spacers:
http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=568

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 21:58 Quote
Thanks guys! Seems like my shock can handle just 0.6 size spacer which I had already instaled and with 25% sag I bottom out like crazy. I guess it is time to say hello and get back to my old cane creek.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008678
Mobile Version of Website