Should I get a Nomad 4 or something else?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Should I get a Nomad 4 or something else?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
I am looking at getting the Aluminium Nomad 4 s the only thing putting me off is the Lyrik forks. My last bike was a Cube Fritzz 180sl which I had loads of problems with but I really liked the Fox 36 forks it came with. I cant really afford to build the nomad to my ideal spec, so I'm wondering if I'd be better off with something like a 2018 Nukeproof Mega 275 factory or an Orange Alpine 6? I'm looking for something that will be good down hill but not a full on down hill bike.

O+ FL
Posted: May 3, 2018 at 20:15 Quote
First off I have run rockshox in my last 2 bikes (a pike and a Lyrik) they are both pretty dam good and easy to tune. As far as other options go add the transition patrol to your list. As much as SBG sounds like marketing fluff it actually works dam well. Really though all the bikes you have mentioned will do the job well and will be good hard hitting enduro bikes.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 0:23 Quote
As a loyal scb rider and owner it hurts me to say that orange is the way to go. Soooo sexy! Performance and everything is there. I jave a n4 rides great but n3 looks better and the alu n4 just looks pfft. I enjoy my higjtower more than my n4. Still your choice and what you are after. Goodluck

O+ FL
Posted: May 7, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
The Mega carbon Factory with the 36/X2 is a waaaaaaay better value than the Nomad. If the geometry works for you I would get that bike hands down if you like Fox stuff. Why pay SC a massive premium?

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
What about Ibis ripmo I got one instead of the nomad.

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 8:17 Quote
I would get a lower end build of a YT Capra because they still come with high end parts and will be like half price.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009702
Mobile Version of Website