Release date for 2019 Bronson

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Release date for 2019 Bronson
O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 20:18 Quote
Interesting... internal routing for the rear brake on the Bronson. It’s hard to tell for sure on the 5010, but if the Bronson is, it probably is too. I’ve always liked not having to disconnect the hydraulic line to run it through the frame when stripping down and rebuilding my previous Santa Cruz bikes and my current 5010 v2.

It looks like the hole in the frame is just sized for the hydraulic hose too, I can’t see any type of grommet (could be wrong though). Not sure how that would work with braided Hope lines like I have, as the braided lines are a bit larger diameter than non-braided. No grommets does sound nice if it works though. The grommets haven’t been awesome in the past, I have had trouble with them cracking/splitting over time.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 21:26 Quote
I didnt notice that. Painful to see after SC always made a point to route the rear brake externally. not a fan of having to take my brakes apart

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 3:57 Quote
I agree. I thought external brake routing was always one of their design philosophies, like threaded BBs.

Otherwise, I’m really liking what I see so far in these “leaked” photos, especially the Bronson. I might consider switching to that from my ‘16 5010.

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 8:59 Quote
So is July 3rd just when pics and stuff are getting released or is that when its available to purchase? My shop just said theyl be getting bikes for sale and demo asap last week

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
Website down so looks like they're updating for tomorrows drop

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 21:08 Quote
Oh can’t wait. I want to buy a new bike now but I’ve been waiting for the 2019s to come out.
I’m deciding between Santa Cruz Bronson, Transition parrot, ibis hd4 or Evil insurgent.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
So the Alu Bronson is heavier than Alu nomad.
Is it because double side rear triangle on the new Bronson ? Bronson Carbon is still a bit lighter than nomad carbon tho.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
DK00 wrote:
So the Alu Bronson is heavier than Alu nomad.
Is it because double side rear triangle on the new Bronson ? Bronson Carbon is still a bit lighter than nomad carbon tho.

probably less heavy duty due to the implied uses of the respective bikes

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 4:00 Quote
Hi all can the Bronson C be bought frame only? I can only see prices for the alloy an Cc version

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 6:11 Quote
Wils1997 wrote:
Hi all can the Bronson C be bought frame only? I can only see prices for the alloy an Cc version

nope CC and alloy only

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Just ordered mine???? alloy S build in grey

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 11:56 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
Just ordered mine???? alloy S build in grey

Cool, don't forget to post pix!

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 2:15 Quote
Went for carbon s build in the end will do, looking at 3/4 weeks wait tho

Posted: Aug 24, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
Hey all. What all did you V3 owners get with your Bronson? I got my manual, a small tube of carbon paste, and an extra derailleur hanger. Were there any extra suspension tokens or anything else that you guys received? I'm wonder if the dealer that I got my bike from kept extras to use for other customers. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
Ive just ordered a Medium CC frame in Blue. Going to build it with the New DT-swiss 535 forks and XTR M9100
its around 6 weeks away, cant wait.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020312
Mobile Version of Website