Fox Racing Shocks vs Suntour

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox Racing Shocks vs Suntour
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
How much better is Fox Racing Shocks than Suntour? Considering getting a hardtail with suntour front shocks; but Im unsure. Waiting on my other thread about picking a new bike amongst 5 choices before I make a selection.

O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 9:56 Quote
I don't have experience with the high end Suntour forks but between Fox and the Suntour forks that come on sub $2k bikes there's a big difference.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
Between my Suntour Auron and Fox 34 Performance, both in 140mm. Both are 2016 models.

After about 7 months, Fox suppleness outlasts Suntour, especially low speed sensitivity. The Auron has more adjustments yet no matter how I adjusted it to make it comply to low speed bumps, it feels sticky. Since then, I'd replace Auron's cartridge and it feels normal again but I keep it as a spare.
Their unique lever and hollow crown makes the fork feels lighter, low/high speed compression adjustments are a plus but Fox 34 Perfromance 3Pos makes up for less knob fiddles.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 21:40 Quote
is this even a comparison fox is the best out there plain and simple everyone knows that, suntour bunch of amateurs they should stick to making there entry level 5 pound forks

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 21:36 Quote
kaimousseau8 wrote:
is this even a comparison fox is the best out there plain and simple everyone knows that, suntour bunch of amateurs they should stick to making there entry level 5 pound forks

this is wrong in so many levels.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
kaimousseau8 wrote:

what are you even saying?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
kaimousseau8 wrote:

Suntour has been making suspension parts for most of the big names for years and comparing the their high end to say Fox's, you will get similar performance. It will however, require a little more frequent maintenance to keep it that way. The plus side is they are quick to tear down and put back together.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
I'm giving the auron a try on my old bike / winter bike. If it works well enough for me I will probably get a durolux for my enduro / bike park bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011463
Mobile Version of Website