What is the normal cost of getting all spokes replaced and wheels trued.

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
What is the normal cost of getting all spokes replaced and wheels trued.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
so i more or less dropped off hubs and rims to get mounted with new spokes.
what is the normal coast of getting both front and rear done and trued??

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 21:43 Quote
Iliketokayak wrote:
so i more or less dropped off hubs and rims to get mounted with new spokes.
what is the normal coast of getting both front and rear done and trued??

Around here, we get $45 per wheel plus or minus.

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 17:05 Quote
That's gonna vary widely. We charge $50/wheel for build labor. Spokes can run anywhere between $1 and about $5 depending on the spoke brand and model.

Posted: May 13, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
Same as above. Most shops are around $50 for labor. Note the spoke price of $1-$5 is per spoke. Most wheels have 28-36 spokes each.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
You can save money by buying the spokes yourself, starting the lace-up, then taking them in to be finished. It will take some of your time but they will just charge a truing fee usually as long as your tensions are reasonable.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:48 Quote
mfranzen wrote:
You can save money by buying the spokes yourself, starting the lace-up, then taking them in to be finished. It will take some of your time but they will just charge a truing fee usually as long as your tensions are reasonable.

Ya, as long as you don't lace them wrong. Lacing the spokes properly is the hardest part (IMO) .... and if you can get the wheel to that point, there is no reason not to finish it.

I feel like I have paid between anywhere 50 and 80 CDN pesos for this in the past.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 16:49 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
mfranzen wrote:

Ya, as long as you don't lace them wrong. Lacing the spokes properly is the hardest part (IMO)

I feel like I have paid between anywhere 50 and 80 CDN pesos for this in the past.

Good experience, though, if the person has the spare time to watch the videos on it.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
mfmediocremtb wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
mfranzen wrote:

Ya, as long as you don't lace them wrong. Lacing the spokes properly is the hardest part (IMO)

Good experience, though, if the person has the spare time to watch the videos on it.

The shop I manage charges the same whether you've laced the wheel already or not. We highly prefer you not try to do it yourself, as we've seen a lot of people come in with either: Wheels laced wrong or wrong spoke lengths.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009919
Mobile Version of Website