Who works on your bike?

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Who works on your bike?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
I have been into Mountain bikes since I was 10 saved up my babysitting money ($250) when I was 13 and spent it all on a FS bike from Sears. I loved that bike so much. It was too big for me and it was the 90s the bike sucked. I still loved it. I kept it till I was 23. Now I am a 35 year old adult and I got my dream bike. A 2016 Bronson in HOT PINK. I never like hot pink before but damn it looks good.

The bike was shipped to me. When I opened it up, I thought "oh no should I put it together or have someone do it for me?" Well I did it all by myself. It took me a few hours. I am not going to lie I messed up a few times but I did it and I feel good about it.

I have put new breaks on my bike, bled them and changed pads. I have adjusted my gears done tune ups. Working on bikes is easy, and I trust myself more. I would not mess with Shocks That I would leave for the pros. I do air up and down my shocks to the PSI I need. That is the only Shock work I will do. Besides that I do the rest.

What works do you do on your bike? Or what work will you not do?

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
I like to just drop it off and let them.fix it. But I started using this 1 man shop, since he adjusted my shocks ALL my times on strav improved.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
The basics of bicycle mechanics are pretty straight forward. There is absolutely no reason why people cant perform these tasks at home, it also adds confidence why you are forced to make trail side fixes.

I am glad I was able to learn in a shop, I have broken a lot of things in my time, and still to this day have made some pretty serious gaffs. When you are your own mechanic, there is no one to blame but your self.

Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
The only things I don't do, are things that require special tools, i.e. bearing tools. I also don't rebuild my pike forks, I send those out and let the experts do their thing. As was said above, every thing else is pretty straight forward, and there's plenty of good video's out there to guide you along. Also, working on your bike saves you LOTS of money.

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
I take my bike to the shop that I bought it from. James is a great guy and he does wonderful work.

I *can* do all the work myself, I would just have to buy any specialized tools. But, I work on cars all day at work, so when I'm done work, I just want to go ride. I do any work that needs immediate attention, and I do my maintenance, but for any problems I'll just take it back to James.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013746
Mobile Version of Website