2017 RM Slayer Pivot - Missing race?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2017 RM Slayer Pivot - Missing race?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 11, 2018 at 10:12 Quote
Hey folks,

I was doing some spring cleaning on the slayer today and noticed something very odd about the main large pivot point. There's no race where the axle goes through the frame and the axle is just floating in there. The tech manual shows a race and a special tool to remove the axle. My axle just slid right out. Has anyone else taken theirs apart? I hate to imagine this came from the factory like this and I've been riding it like this for almost 4 months...

photo

photo

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 22:35 Quote
Holy hell, haven’t had mine long enough to need a rebuild. Now I’m curious to know if mine is the same. It’s solid as a rock without any play. Hopefully someone will chime in and help figure this out. Best of luck, hope this didn’t cause any damage. Cheers.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
To follow up on my post here, I took it to my lbs. Definitely was missing the race. How or why, no one seems to know. The bike seemed to ride fine and felt solid this whole time. This is the first time it's been taken apart. On a positive note, there was no damage and the shop ordered and installed a new race.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 22:00 Quote
Glad to hear it was taken care of without any major issues. Now I’m a bit worried bc I got mine second hand without any warranty. However it’s solid and doesn’t seem to make any noise. Fingers crossed it was a one time mistake and not a entire batch assembled like that. I tend to over-treat my bikes so hopefully it holds up for a long time. First carbon bike and I’m a little hesitant to put it through it’s paces. Numerous people say just send it without any worry. Just having this much invested into a bike makes me think twice before making a dicey move. Cheers.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010886
Mobile Version of Website