Start riding without brakes or chain

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Start riding without brakes or chain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2018 at 10:15 Quote
Taking my brakes off and riding brakeless down all the normal trails or jumps I would normally ride has been insane. Things at first were scary AF. I couldn't ride at the same level that I was used to and it was almost frustrating watching the fear come back in on all the things that once were very easy. Over time though my body got used to feeling out the speed, and i slowly started to push into entering a zone where you cannot stop. I don't know if any of you longboard much, but its a lot like that swell. To verbalize it the best that I can, I would say that its like "LOCKING IN BABY." I mean seriously, there is no where else to go, and the only way through what is in front of you is to believe in yourself and do what you know how to do.. which is ride. Once the brakes went back on, I could notice a difference in my riding and mind immediately. Almost as if you don't have to be as connected to what is happening cause you have a way out...
My chain snaps from time to time. Ive made it a habit, when whatever Im riding allows, to just keep riding whatever it was that I was riding when I broke the chain. Again, a massive difference in my riding started to take place. Generating speed was all up to pumping and understanding how to really push into the bike. Throwing a pedal stroke in on a massive jump line is now not an option. You have to PUSH into that landing and PUMP that jump or else you won't make it... All of a sudden I could feel the back tire in my mind in such a different way.
Taking your chain and brake off together is riding at such a raw form.. I will never be the same rider again and just thought I would let anyone who cares in on my observations.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015731
Mobile Version of Website