Shimano XTR 12 Speed

PB Forum :: Shimano
Shimano XTR 12 Speed
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 20:00 Quote
Can anyone elaborate on this elusive XTR 12 speed stuff??
The 4 piston caliper looks cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi4KzhfHZdK/?taken-by=weightweeniesbrasil

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 3:34 Quote
garygrimm wrote:
Can anyone elaborate on this elusive XTR 12 speed stuff??
The 4 piston caliper looks cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi4KzhfHZdK/?taken-by=weightweeniesbrasil

what would you like to know?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
Finally Shimano has a cassette with a 10t cog. That allows for a smaller chainring with good top end speed. I like the 10-51 gear spacing, but a 510% range is more than I need. Guess they had to up SRAM Eagle’s 10-50 by one. Glad they also came out with a 11-42 ten-speed cassette, but I think it is a bit heavy.

Rocky Mountain’s 2019 top end Altitude has the XTR 12-speed.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
I've got it and have ridden it for two rides already. It's up there with the Sram Eagle if not better, for the shifter ergonomics. It performs flawlessly but not any better than previous XTR or XT drivetrains. The range is nice to have.

I heard that Shimano has had some quality issues with their new XTR cranks and chainrings. That's why they're not available yet. I got the XTR cranks already, but am waiting for a chainring to be available.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
Thanks for the update, I would think the chainring would be the easiest part to make.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
DonLopez wrote:
Thanks for the update, I would think the chainring would be the easiest part to make.

I suppose so. I just talked to Absolute Black. They said that they will deliver theirs beginning of December so I might as well get an oval one for the cranks.

I'm really curious as to how the cranks perform. Especially with the preload ring not having any bolt to hold it in place like Hope and RF have it. I'm also curious about the 24mm axle. I have RF Atlas cranks right now and they are pretty sturdy, weighing a lot more than the XTR.

Oh and I don't think that Rocky Mountain can have their XTR bikes delivered as the cranks aren't available yet.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
I don’t think the 2019 Altitude C90s with XTR/Saint components are available yet.

My older XTR cranks show some signs of wear and tear, but still work great. I replaced my 32t chainring with a $15 aluminum 36t almost 2 years ago, and it still hold the chain on great and surprising shows little signs on wear.

The Absolute Black oval will work great, and as far as I know, Shimano isn’t making and XTR oval rings.

Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 23:40 Quote
I‘ve just ordered the new BR-M9120 brakes. I‘m so curious how they compare to the Formula Cura.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 15:13 Quote
The brakes are everything I have wished for. As powerful (or more) as the Cura and no rubbing whatsoever.

Unfortunately neither Absolute Black nor Shimano can deliver the chainring for the new Cranks so I‘m stuck with my raceface atlas for now. I have ordered an AB oval chainring but I wasn‘t quick enough, so I have to wait yet another month. :/

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015837
Mobile Version of Website