The tyre dilemma

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The tyre dilemma
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
As it happens my Tyres (which came standard on the bike) are starting to wear. So now the time has come to start looking for new ones. Here is where the fun begins. What tyres should i put on next? Ive found that the current (nobby nic and rocket ron 2,25) arent that bad but i could use a bit more grip.

The current tyres are NOT tubeless as well. That is mainly because theyre the liteskin versions so the sidewalls aren't very strong. But i do want to setup tubeless with the next setup.

My Drossiger XMA. this is a bike thats not very common on Pinkbike so i decided to upload a pic of mine.

Picture of the bike so you know what im on about. I know the brand isnt much known so ill elaborate a bit. This is a 29er with boost spacing front and rear. this bike is also able to house 650B+ tyres so tyre clearance isnt an issue.
(yea long stem and no dropper but one thing at a time)

The wheelset is an DT X1900 (20mm internal rim)

Ive been looking at The following setups:
(Schwalbe Hansdampf front, Rock razor in the back)
(Continental Der Baron front, Trail king in the back)

Are these sets a good choice or is this just overkill? And what tyre width should i go for at max? The Baron is 2,4 for instance.

If somone has any experience with these tyres please let me know. If somone knows a really good tyre combo for my type of bike (ive heard good things about Maxxis for instance) Thats also very welcome.

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 23:28 Quote
I Really have no idea. What tyre is used for what? Anyone with great knowledge or experience?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009527
Mobile Version of Website