Shimano 25.5.2018

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Shimano 25.5.2018
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
Just seen the short Shimano clip. New XTR most likely. What's your thoughts?

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
Where can that clip be found? Searched the internets but no result

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 23:39 Quote
I saw it on Shimano-MTB Facebook page. Can't see a way to copy the video onto PB...

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 0:02 Quote
Ha, Found it. Shows a rear derailler. But it looks like it has a rather short cage. That could be the new XTR. But also a new ZEE groupset. The last one is about 3 years old i believe and shimano keeps their groupsets about 3 years. My guess is that if this is ZEE then XTR will be here next year.

And im waiting for that to happen because that could mean shimano releases a new hub interface. (one that takes 10t cogs perhaps). And im not going to buy new wheels until im sure of it.

What do you think theyre going to do tho? Follow Sram on the 1X path or keep their 2X systems?
I personally think the front derailler will stay but completely redesigned to allow more room for rear suspension. Because i have to say, my front derailler (XT) shifts really good. and perhaps more Di2 stuff with better integration options.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
I'm sure it'll be new XTR. Saw a similar question on the Shimano S-tec site a day ago - but not linked to this video.

Perhaps they're going down a similar route to SRAM with one series and many variants to cover XC, Am and DH... Like with X0?

Definitely think they'll keep the front mech, though perhaps be tricky to find a modern trail bike that'll actually fit one!

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
Have to say. looks sweet. The crank looks much less bulky as the previous one as well. Now off to get this stuff to XT level and were all good.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007338
Mobile Version of Website