Rock Shox Monarch axle into eyelet bushing is very tight

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rock Shox Monarch axle into eyelet bushing is very tight
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 20:28 Quote
I just picked up a rock shox monarch debonair for my 2014 trek slash. I had to buy the a bolt kit and a new axle in order to get it to fit the evolink on my trek. The black axle that came with the shock was easy enough to push out of the eyelet by hand; shown under the shock in this picture:
photo
The new one, sold by sports one on amazon is installed in the shock eyelet here:
photo
I had a very difficult time installing it. I stuck it in the freezer over night and stuck the eyelet bushing in hot water.
With enough force, I was able to press it into the bushing.
The axle on the other end shown here:
photo
Is also very tight. I am not able to slide it by hand. This axle came with the shock.
Since this is a bushing, shouldn't it, when installed and torqued down to spec, provide the shock with freedom to rotate?

I mounted the top of the shock into the evo link of my Trek. making the bolt tight (I don't have a torque gauge with me), the shock rotated very freely. THere are bearings in the evo link, so I am guessing this is why.

Before I installed the new axle, I measured it's diameter. The difference between it and the old axle was less than a thousandth and very close to half a thousandth.

Should I not do anything and just ride it as is or should I return it for a new one?

Thank you!

O+
Posted: May 25, 2018 at 5:18 Quote
Wrong subforum for this?

O+
Posted: May 26, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Found my answer.

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=251

The pin is supposed to be really tight fitting in the bushing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010211
Mobile Version of Website