Slash Frame Broke on Carbon Seam with refusal to warranty

PB Forum :: Trek
Slash Frame Broke on Carbon Seam with refusal to warranty
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
I have a 2017 Slash frame with no impact damage but a stress fracture on the downtube. Sent it into trek and they acknowledged it broke on the carbon seam where the two sides are combined but refused to warranty. Has anyone else seen this? Please share and hopefully i can get traction to recall the frame. Or at least prevent other riders from making the same mistake....

thanks

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 18:13 Quote
malachi-artice wrote:
I have a 2017 Slash frame with no impact damage but a stress fracture on the downtube. Sent it into trek and they acknowledged it broke on the carbon seam where the two sides are combined but refused to warranty. Has anyone else seen this? Please share and hopefully i can get traction to recall the frame. Or at least prevent other riders from making the same mistake....

thanks

Did they ever get back to you? Or at least do a crash replacement?

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
Ive just discovered something eerily similar on my slash. Im about to contact trek tomorrow. Any answers on your end as to frame replacement? My bike is well within warranty with no impacts or crashes that could cause this.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Dirtybreadbaker wrote:
Nope, they refused to warranty mine. Claimed it had been clamped on the top tube and provided no evidence or explanation as to how they came to the conclusion. Ill never buy or try sell another Trek again. I work at a Trek/Specialized dealer and can say with absolute honesty at this point that Trek not only makes an inferior product but also seems to lack the professionalism to stand by their product or conclusions. Do not buy a carbon Trek, do not buy a Trek. Support the bike company's that support the riders.Especially if they are who pay outrageous amounts for what should be high quality bikes.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your disappointment with the outcome of your warranty claim. We do stand behind our products and especially our frames which is why we offer a great warranty against all manufacturer defects.

Our team does it's best to determine the outcome of each case to the best of their ability while working alongside your dealer. Please give our team a call with your claim number and we'd be happy to speak with you. 1 (800) 585-8735

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
Usually best to contact a Trek LBS and go through them.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017114
Mobile Version of Website