All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Author Message
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 0:07 Quote
wooitsphillip wrote:
Kawasaki2 wrote:
Is it just me or did the prices just go up again!?!?!

It's only going to keep going up. Our vendors are charging us Pandemic Surcharge now due to freight costs increasing monthly.

With the shipping costs skyrocketing and being up to 20 times more expensive.. it's not even that bad.

I knew the prices will have to go up so I placed my order as soon as I had the money. I took one week to decide between what I want/need/can pay for and what will be available before Summer and did it.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 7:45 Quote
wooitsphillip wrote:
Has anyone experience issues with their Fox 38? I am hearing a creaking sound coming from the bottom of the fork. Originally I thought it was my axel but it's still happening. Wondering if this is normal for Fox..

The 38 is pretty notorious for csu creaking. Fox will cover it under warranty. Best way to check is to drop your lowers and flex the stanctions.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:
Has anyone experience issues with their Fox 38? I am hearing a creaking sound coming from the bottom of the fork. Originally I thought it was my axel but it's still happening. Wondering if this is normal for Fox..

The 38 is pretty notorious for csu creaking. Fox will cover it under warranty. Best way to check is to drop your lowers and flex the stanctions.
Mine creaks a bit and there is a bit of play just like a loose headset. Definitely the fork though

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 18:42 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:
Has anyone experience issues with their Fox 38? I am hearing a creaking sound coming from the bottom of the fork. Originally I thought it was my axel but it's still happening. Wondering if this is normal for Fox..

The 38 is pretty notorious for csu creaking. Fox will cover it under warranty. Best way to check is to drop your lowers and flex the stanctions.

yeah Commencal told me to clean the headset but they will def warranty. Just don't want to take it apart lol

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:
Has anyone experience issues with their Fox 38? I am hearing a creaking sound coming from the bottom of the fork. Originally I thought it was my axel but it's still happening. Wondering if this is normal for Fox..

The 38 is pretty notorious for csu creaking. Fox will cover it under warranty. Best way to check is to drop your lowers and flex the stanctions.
Mine creaks a bit and there is a bit of play just like a loose headset. Definitely the fork though

Are you sending it in for warranty? Hoping it won't take too long

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
wooitsphillip wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:


The 38 is pretty notorious for csu creaking. Fox will cover it under warranty. Best way to check is to drop your lowers and flex the stanctions.
Mine creaks a bit and there is a bit of play just like a loose headset. Definitely the fork though

Are you sending it in for warranty? Hoping it won't take too long
If it gets any worse I will but for now I don't want to lose my only ride!

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:

Mine creaks a bit and there is a bit of play just like a loose headset. Definitely the fork though

Are you sending it in for warranty? Hoping it won't take too long
If it gets any worse I will but for now I don't want to lose my only ride!

Fox is about 3 weeks out last I heard

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:


Are you sending it in for warranty? Hoping it won't take too long
If it gets any worse I will but for now I don't want to lose my only ride!

Fox is about 3 weeks out last I heard

Good thing park season is coming up. I guess back to the 26" for a few weeks.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
Today finally my META 29 AM arrived. tup


sadly someone in Andorry forgot to mention that my headset and one tire are currently not available Madder Thumbs Down

That means the first ride will have to wait a few more days till the parts arrive or i find suitable parts somewhere else..Rolleyes

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Just got my shipping email today next Wednesday it should be at mine, will travel up home Friday hopefully get it invisiframed and brakes swapped over Friday night and get out Saturday

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:


Are you sending it in for warranty? Hoping it won't take too long
If it gets any worse I will but for now I don't want to lose my only ride!

Fox is about 3 weeks out last I heard

Mine took nearer 6 weeks :/

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
If it gets any worse I will but for now I don't want to lose my only ride!

Fox is about 3 weeks out last I heard

Mine took nearer 6 weeks :/

So after the warranty, it's butter? Debating if I should just consider getting a new fork.

Anyone with RS Zebb have any issues?

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
Finally got to bring my 2019 meta 29er up to a canter with the Williams Racing Products mullet link and a MRP Hazard w/ a progressive coil, its a straight up cheat code on cornering and the amount of liveliness it brings to an already phenomenal bike is unreal. I run a large frame at 5'9 in freedom units (would go medium in the 2021 range) and a 450+ progressive coil at 155lbs. The bike feels velcro'd to the ground through chunk but can pop like a bag of Orville Redenbacher kernels when needed. 10/10 the best component that has changed the way the bike rides.

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
cwight wrote:
Finally got to bring my 2019 meta 29er up to a canter with the Williams Racing Products mullet link and a MRP Hazard w/ a progressive coil, its a straight up cheat code on cornering and the amount of liveliness it brings to an already phenomenal bike is unreal. I run a large frame at 5'9 in freedom units (would go medium in the 2021 range) and a 450+ progressive coil at 155lbs. The bike feels velcro'd to the ground through chunk but can pop like a bag of Orville Redenbacher kernels when needed. 10/10 the best component that has changed the way the bike rides.

Cheat code for cornering is probably the best way to describe it! Love my mullet link, it’s made my bike so much more lively and playful. It’s still stable like freight train in a straight line somehow though. I’m 5’8, 75kg on a medium 2021 am.
Progressive coil would be the one thing I think could be improved but I’m not bottoming out my 500lb spring too much at the minute

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 17:35 Quote
Hoping for a relatively quick answer, just ordered some dominion a4s , 203 rotor up front 180 in back. Was struggling to find the correct adapter for the front and back? My bike is the 2020 meta tr origin with the rockshoc gold 35 RL if this helps post mount 160.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006948
Mobile Version of Website