All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 0:20 Quote
What an awesome looking ride, well done!

I lined my frame with jagwire lagging, it's extremely quiet and worth the added hassle IMO.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
Anyone know if the 2021 meta am’s main pivot axle is reverse thread or normal?
Cheers

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
I have a 2021 Meta TR 29 race spec with sram G2 rs brakes. I need to get some new rear pads and I'm wondering what yall would recommend? I'd like something with a little more bite than the stock pads.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
The bird bottle cage adapter (wedge) arrived, it’s a nicely machined bit of alloy

https://www.bird.bike/product/aeris-aether-bottle-cage-adaptor/

Heaps of bottle clearance now! Yes that bottle is ready for the bin..... Also elongated the holes on the Lezyne cage to get it a touch further back

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
I have a 2021 Meta TR 29 race spec with sram G2 rs brakes. I need to get some new rear pads and I'm wondering what yall would recommend? I'd like something with a little more bite than the stock pads.

Not sure if you can get hold of Galfer pads where you are, but I much prefer them to stock Sram pads. I use the Advanced ones as my riding conditions are often wet or muddy, but the standard ones seem very similar and are a bit cheaper.
I would recommend removing and drying pads after any wet rides to avoid any rust marks on discs. It's a price I'm happy to pay for a better brake feel/response.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
The bird bottle cage adapter (wedge) arrived, it’s a nicely machined bit of alloy

https://www.bird.bike/product/aeris-aether-bottle-cage-adaptor/

Heaps of bottle clearance now! Yes that bottle is ready for the bin..... Also elongated the holes on the Lezyne cage to get it a touch further back

neat.

i didnt know these existed! A clever solution.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
Stupid question.. is the rim tape provided by Commencal tubeless ready?

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 5:33 Quote
I wasn't sure so I just put a few layers of my own down anyway .I don't think it is

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
I'm thrilled with that news! A little bit disappointing in 2021 when you buy a bike like this..

It holds air but now I'm restless. Taking off a newly made tubeless system full of sealant is such a fantastic and full of joy and fun activity..

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
pakleni wrote:
I'm thrilled with that news! A little bit disappointing in 2021 when you buy a bike like this..

It holds air but now I'm restless. Taking off a newly made tubeless system full of sealant is such a fantastic and full of joy and fun activity..

I have an Essential build AM and I've been running them tubeless front and back with the tape that came in the rims. Works just fine, doesn't bleed out the nipples or anywhere like that. I'm pretty sure they're tubeless ready from the factory.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Odiguer wrote:
pakleni wrote:

I have an Essential build AM and I've been running them tubeless front and back with the tape that came in the rims. Works just fine, doesn't bleed out the nipples or anywhere like that. I'm pretty sure they're tubeless ready from the factory.

The "tape" provided on DT Swiss wheels on the Essential build is not tubeless tape, it is just rim strip. It's designed to protect the tube from the nipple holes. If you remove it you will see that it doesn't have any adhesive on it at all. I removed mine and installed proper tubeless tape. The sealant will likely temporary work with the plastic rim strip but I wouldn't trust it long term.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
mammothmounts wrote:
Odiguer wrote:
pakleni wrote:

The "tape" provided on DT Swiss wheels on the Essential build is not tubeless tape, it is just rim strip. It's designed to protect the tube from the nipple holes. If you remove it you will see that it doesn't have any adhesive on it at all. I removed mine and installed proper tubeless tape. The sealant will likely temporary work with the plastic rim strip but I wouldn't trust it long term.

Fair enough! Haven't had any issues just yet but it's only been a couple months.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
Odiguer wrote:
pakleni wrote:

I tried mine and I lost most of my sealant through the nipples

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Odiguer wrote:

Fair enough! Haven't had any issues just yet but it's only been a couple months.

Bought a Stan's yellow tape in the afternoon. I'll just change it so that I don't have to think about that anymore. Would hate myself if everything explodes on first drop.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
Odiguer wrote:
pakleni wrote:

I tried mine and I lost most of my sealant through the nipples

Interesting! Maybe a difference in sealant.
I'm mounting a new Wild Enduro rear tonight; I'll use that opportunity to re-tape it. We'll see how it looks around the nipples from the inside of the rim when I remove the old tape.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010158
Mobile Version of Website