All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Well I’m joining you dudes on team meta. Picked up a large 2020 “world champs” frame.

Pairing it up with a DHX2 and progressive spring. Can’t wait to build it up

Sorry for the rubbish photo, busy day at the shop. Sealant everywhere lol

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
bensmorse wrote:
Have you tried applying a little SRAM butter or slick honey grease to the stanchion? My Lev SI often becomes slow to return and hard to push down if a ride it in the rain or mud, but if I apply a little SRAM butter it goes back to working perfectly.

Yeah, I tried lubing it up a bit. But while it's mostly been fine, I don't really like how it feels in general. Lever is a bit wonky, and it drives me mad that you can pull it out by the saddle when it's dropped. And I've been knocking my ass a couple of times on steep sections, but not sure if 3cm would really help with that.

Might sell the Lev incase I go with the oneup, my other option to "invest" my cash would be to get the Grip2 damper when I send my fork in for service. Decisions, decisions.

Brasher wrote:
Well I’m joining you dudes on team meta. Picked up a large 2020 “world champs” frame.

Pairing it up with a DHX2 and progressive spring. Can’t wait to build it up

Nice to hear, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
dirtriderns wrote:
i got a 2019 meta large ( 5'10 ) and the reach is perfect for me.

Seat tube is really steep so it not feel long when seated.

I'm 5"10 too and have a meta 29 Medium, juste perfect for me since frames become longer and longer years after years...unlike me.

seat tube ISN'T steep at all since it is a bent seat tube(due to the need to case 160mm of rear travel without extending wheelbase too much)...thus the more you extend seatpost, the more you'll have your ass far back towards the rear axle...
i.e compared to the meta v4.2 27.5" straight seat tube, big seatpost extensions will slacken the seat angle way more...which is everything except a good thing!
a tall rider on a M frame (e.g me- 176cm with long legs) will have a 1° slacker seat tube angle compared to someone that is just tall enough to get a M frame (e.g. 168cm tall)

I'm riding with a reverb 170mm ant it fits well, with a 2 or 3 cm margin to lower it in the frame's seat tube before bottoming out.
reverb may need to be serviced more often than other dropper seatposts...but are easily serviceable (yesterday I serviced a friend's 125mm stealth b1 in less than 30mn)

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
Upduro wrote:
What dropper posts are y’all running? My Lev SI is starting to run a bit rough, I heard good things about the OneUp V2 and I got some money I can waste. I’d go with the 180 version at 252 max insertion length on an L frame, which should theoretically be fine.

This is a known fault - contact Commencal to see if they will arrange a warranty replacement from KS. I had 2 replacements from KS as both my original and the 1st replacement were grinding from new, actually scoring the post. I sold the 2nd replacement post and bought a BikeYoke Revive which has been flawless, the build quality is excellent and the post feels solid.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
https://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-Eagle-X-Sync-2-3mm-Boost-Chainring

I have a 2019 Meta AM 29er. This is the correct chainring for them isn’t it? There’s no xtra markings on my current chainring. Just eagle x sync 2

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
3mm is the offset for BOOST

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 18:55 Quote
robnj wrote:
3mm is the offset for BOOST

Thanks Rob!

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 2:03 Quote
Anyone approx 100kg on a coil shock? What spring rate are you using?

I’m worried 550lb that I ordered might be a tad high now.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
Brasher wrote:

I'm 90kg on a 500lb. You should be fine.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
Malky79 wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Thanks. Is that on a dhx2? Any recommended settings to start with? Fox setup guide reckons 4-6 clicks from closed on everything to start.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 16:07 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Malky79 wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Thanks. Is that on a dhx2? Any recommended settings to start with? Fox setup guide reckons 4-6 clicks from closed on everything to start.

No - it's a Rockshox Super Deluxe.90kg is my fully kitted weight.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 23:09 Quote
This here is my 3rd Meta AM (owned v4 AM and v4.2 AM). It's my first custom build from the frame up. Absolutely love this bike. Here's a video I made if you're interested

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
Nice frame!!!
Be careful, seems like you've bolted the brake rotors the wrong side!
Check that out before your first ride.

edit: only the rear one

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 3:46 Quote
https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-essential-c2x29150736

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-ride-29-c2x29150728

I will steal the threat a bit so i dont open new.

So i am looking at a bike and 2 options of the same model. The "essential" model is 400€ more than ride. How much is overall better if i put 400€ more into it ? Also the "ride" model does not have dropper so that is like 150-200€ so overall 200€ more

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
meebo wrote:
https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-essential-c2x29150736

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-ride-29-c2x29150728

I will steal the threat a bit so i dont open new.

So i am looking at a bike and 2 options of the same model. The "essential" model is 400€ more than ride. How much is overall better if i put 400€ more into it ? Also the "ride" model does not have dropper so that is like 150-200€ so overall 200€ more

If you can afford to spend the extra €400 then do so. Better fork, wheels, a dropper, better tyres, better brakes. Theres more than enough to justify the extra spend.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006763
Mobile Version of Website