All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 2:44 Quote
FreeRider2111 wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:
Anyone else order their bike in Nov 2020 and still not received it. ‘Shipping delays’

I ordered mine in the first week of december 2020 and it got delivered in the first week of may 2021. Original delivery date would be around april 2021 but because of the little ship that got stuck in the suez canal it took a little bit longer..

That’s unusual. How come if I ordered mine before I should’ve got it before you would’ve though.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
alexbg wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:
Ordered a size medium RIDE version of the am back in Nov 2020 and was originally told ide receive the bike in March. After loads of shipping delays I still don’t have the bike and am now being told I’ll receive it at the mid-end of June. Just wanted to know if any other UK customers are having similar experiences or if I’m just really really unlucky.

Ordered my TR large in November, had it since December. A friend was looking at an XL ride AM in March because the website said delivery April. You've been really unlucky. Are you going to get customs charges now as well?

I really don’t know about customs charges? I’ve still not received the bike and the only reason being is that commencal say the shipping company is really held up. Is the customs charges based on the single journey and therefore a set amount of money or the amount of time at sea. I should really be getting partial refunding for this amount of time waited but that’s extremely unlikely.

Surely everyone who orders their bike in a set timeframe should receive it in a set timeframe. Really frustrating.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
BikingBeechy wrote:
That’s unusual. How come if I ordered mine before I should’ve got it before you would’ve though.

yeah that is unusual.
Maybe the location where you live plays a role in how fast it gets delivered.. i live in germany

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 15:00 Quote
FreeRider2111 wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:

yeah that is unusual.
Maybe the location where you live plays a role in how fast it gets delivered.. i live in germany

Potentially. I’m from the UK so very close to France which is where the company is based. Having said that I think the frames are made elsewhere. I guess the model makes a difference as well with parts availability.

Posted: Jun 13, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
Anyone running a rockshox lyrik ultimate experiencing a creaky CSU? My TR29 is only about 4 months old and I think my CSU might be starting to creak. I just greased every pivot point on the bike, bb, and headset. I hear a small creak coming from the front end I think. I notice it when pushing/pulling on the bars.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 1:26 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
Anyone running a rockshox lyrik ultimate experiencing a creaky CSU? My TR29 is only about 4 months old and I think my CSU might be starting to creak. I just greased every pivot point on the bike, bb, and headset. I hear a small creak coming from the front end I think. I notice it when pushing/pulling on the bars.

Might sound obvious, but remove the stem clamp, clean mating surfaces and refit with greased bolts / smear of some assembly paste if the bars are carbon

My alloy renthal bars often creak / click about the stem interface and need stripped every so often

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
Gene158 wrote:

Might sound obvious, but remove the stem clamp, clean mating surfaces and refit with greased bolts / smear of some assembly paste if the bars are carbon

My alloy renthal bars often creak / click about the stem interface and need stripped every so often
That’s the one thing I haven’t done but was considering. I will try that. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Last creak I had sounded like headset, ended up being seatpost.. Book

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
stevenEK9 wrote:
Gene158 wrote:

That’s the one thing I haven’t done but was considering. I will try that. Thanks!

I had a click/ creaking sound on my Fox 38 2nd ride after assembly. Contacted Fox, since I was sure it was a CSU creak. They diagnosed the problem as a defective lower bushing. They serviced it in 1 week and now, no more creaks or noises from the fork.

You might want to ask Rockshox to see if they can service the fork.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
My backordered dominion a4s pushed back to mid July, will a2's be a major improvement from sram levels?

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 1:30 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Last creak I had sounded like headset, ended up being seatpost.. Book
yep seatpost needs to be cleaned, I recommend installing some racing foam on top tube, where seattube connects. There is a little hole where all the grit comes through

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Searching for a spare hanger for my meta tr 29 2021. These seem to be out of stock on Commencal`s website but I was wondering if there is any difference other than the fastening nut to the previous model https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/rear-hanger-for-all-meta-v4-c2x14157424 .

Heading to the alps and would like to have something with me just in case. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 4:27 Quote
Anyone here has the Cascade link yet, preferably with a coil shock? I messaged them on insta and they said to stick with the heavier if the two springs I’m running atm.

Currently, I love the grip with the 500 spring but find that it goes through the travel a bit too quick on big fast hits. With the 550 spring I don’t bottom out but it becomes a rather rough ride on chatter and small bumps.

On paper it sounds like the perfect solution but 420 bucks (heh) is still a good bit of cash to drop on a single link, when it’s something that could maybe also be solved with a 525lbs spring.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Currently, I love the grip with the 500 spring but find that it goes through the travel a bit too quick on big fast hits. With the 550 spring I don’t bottom out but it becomes a rather rough ride on chatter and small bumps.

I'm the same as you, thinking of a progressive spring from MRP. Or I just need to eat a bit less or a bit more cake and not be in between springs!

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
try the heavier spring and open compression.

I swap them between 500 and 550lb depending where I'm riding, it so quick and easy with the meta as you don't need push out hardware. (mine is a 2020)

I found the progressive spring too much (500-610) for me, sort of hits a wall that creates harshness deeper in the stroke on square edge hits.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007109
Mobile Version of Website