All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
I went with cageless magnetic Fidlock bottle. No clearance issues at all

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
I got the wolf tooth b-rad mount, lowers the cage enough to get a 750ml bottle in

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
marksnook wrote:
I got the wolf tooth b-rad mount, lowers the cage enough to get a 750ml bottle in

could you post a pic of that pls? ive been looking at getting the b-brad

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 9:24 Quote
pakleni wrote:
I have another problem. Because of the wonderful weather that we enjoy this Summer, I've been in bike park just once and my jumping is messed up. I'm nose diving all the time.
I know that I'll have to change my technique somehow but I just didn't have time to practice enough. I haven't noticed that on small jumps on my local trails but in bike park and with higher speed it is quite scary

Try removing volume spacers to make the bike more linear, it's also pretty normal to run a couple extra clicks of rebound for park features. I like my trail setup very lively with little rebound and a lot of progression. But that makes it an absolute punter on big fast stuff if I don't change it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 1:01 Quote
Don’t have a close up but here is a bike shot, there is literally 1mm between piggy back and bottle! Need to take the cage off and modify the bolt holes slightly but it’s just getting around to it that’s the problem! https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb19299896/p5pb19299896.jpg

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Still can’t get picture thing right!

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
marksnook wrote:
What size is yours?

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
Large frame and large bottle.

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
Mitch243 wrote:
marksnook wrote:
What size is yours?

It’s a medium

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
marksnook wrote:

all good, thanks!

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 4:03 Quote
how do you find coil shock on meta? I was thinking about getting one with progressive spring.
Also other kinda unrelated question. Fox 38 with regular Grip damper, what are you people running clicks, PSI wise. I am 90kgs with gear, and I can't seem to find good settings, one one hand fork feels harsh AF on roots, and too soft on a bit more flowy trails.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
dumr666 wrote:
how do you find coil shock on meta? I was thinking about getting one with progressive spring.
Also other kinda unrelated question. Fox 38 with regular Grip damper, what are you people running clicks, PSI wise. I am 90kgs with gear, and I can't seem to find good settings, one one hand fork feels harsh AF on roots, and too soft on a bit more flowy trails.

I had a coil on a 2019 Meta and found it to be great! I had to over-spring (650 lb spring for 220lb rider) but it felt great on big chunky type stuff and didn't wallow in compressions like my air shocks would. Tried a progressive spring but the heaviest cane creek one wasn't nearly heavy enough. I still haven't gotten my float X2 to feel as good as the coil did...

As for the 38 I run about 120 psi with the GRIP compression at about 2 o'clock, but I like my fork to ride high and firm, and use a cushcore/28psi in the front tire take out most of the vibration.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
I have a coil on my ‘19 meta, also over sprung, but very happy with it. I’i need to drop down a spring rate, but I’ve also been contemplating getting a Float X2 for it. Hearing this makes me my think maybe I’ll just get the lighter spring and keep things as is!

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
dumr666 wrote:

I've tried coil and air, like both, wish I had air to change the pressure as I lose weight and want a coil because they look cooler. On the meta I don't think either is a bad choice.

For your fork get an mrp ramp cartridge.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
[Quote="alexbg"]
dumr666 wrote:
For your fork get an mrp ramp cartridge.

Don't do this. I couldn't get rid of the harshness with the ramp control installed. It feels like 1.5 spacers even dialed all the way out. I ended up yanking it and going no spacers, then 1 spacer and a couple less PSI for more support. Also worth a look at the air spring to see if it's over-greased. Mine had like 10 services worth of grease in there out of the box.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007255
Mobile Version of Website