PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
BikingBeechy wrote:
pjfisch wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:
Right so I have a meta in slate grey.

Would purple or silver parts look better on the ride version. Thanks

Get silver it looks dope. I put some purple pedals I had laying around on it and it looked kinda weird. Might be cool if you’re gonna change the hubs or something though. Pics are on my profile buy sell page if u need inspiration haha

Was thinking of hubs, Nipples, stem spacers, stem and chainring. Any other colour choices are welcome
I love me some purple but I would say stick with silver. If I were to buy the polished frame, I would do some purple parts because I think that combo would look sick! It's easy to overdo it with colored parts though whereas black and silver always look clean.

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 9:34 Quote
Anybody here have the Meta TR Signature with the Fox X2 shock in the rear? Mind sharing your weight/sag/Setup? I've had the bike for almost a year now and I still don't like how the rear performs. It's kinda dead. I'm 180 geared up, and got it performing decently with 195psi and two tokens. It's on the firm side, but it feels too wallowy if I go softer. I can plow through chunk better when it's hard. It's got no pop though. I'm thinking of switching to a Super Deluxe with Megneg. I hear it's a more lively shock, but with the Megneg, I'll still have the same support as I do with my stiff x2 setup while being able to have it softer off the top. Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
mtb-duke wrote:
Anybody here have the Meta TR Signature with the Fox X2 shock in the rear? Mind sharing your weight/sag/Setup? I've had the bike for almost a year now and I still don't like how the rear performs. It's kinda dead. I'm 180 geared up, and got it performing decently with 195psi and two tokens. It's on the firm side, but it feels too wallowy if I go softer. I can plow through chunk better when it's hard. It's got no pop though. I'm thinking of switching to a Super Deluxe with Megneg. I hear it's a more lively shock, but with the Megneg, I'll still have the same support as I do with my stiff x2 setup while being able to have it softer off the top. Thoughts?
Have you tried speeding up the rebound?

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
mtb-duke wrote:

I’m about 82kg and have a float x2 with 200psi on my xl TR, just the minimum one token

How you got the compression set? I’ve been running it with the hsc wide open, think the lsc is about 6 clicks from open too, feels great!

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:

I’m about 82kg and have a float x2 with 200psi on my xl TR, just the minimum one token

How you got the compression set? I’ve been running it with the hsc wide open, think the lsc is about 6 clicks from open too, feels great!

I've been leaving it open to keep the suspension responsive. I've been running it at 195psi at my weight of 185 geared up. That's the only way I can get it to float over chunk without it getting hung up. If I try lower pressure, then it gets hung up on chunk. It never really feels plush or poppy. More of a monster truck.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:

You mean when I lowered the pressure? Of course. I think it's just the kinematics of the bike. Takes so much energy to bunny hop compared to other bikes. Just demo'd the new Bronson a couple days ago and it really made me realize how dead and stiff the rear of the Meta TR is. The Bronson was so poppy and plush.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
mtb-duke wrote:
Gene158 wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:

You mean when I lowered the pressure? Of course. I think it's just the kinematics of the bike. Takes so much energy to bunny hop compared to other bikes. Just demo'd the new Bronson a couple days ago and it really made me realize how dead and stiff the rear of the Meta TR is. The Bronson was so poppy and plush.
IMO It's because the Meta has a pretty linear progression, I'd recommend stuffing in as many volume spacers as Fox will allow to make it more progressive, and maybe adding a little LSC damping too. I've got a cane creek DB inline on my TR and it rides pretty poppy with the volume spacers maxed out.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
chize wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:
Gene158 wrote:

IMO It's because the Meta has a pretty linear progression, I'd recommend stuffing in as many volume spacers as Fox will allow to make it more progressive, and maybe adding a little LSC damping too. I've got a cane creek DB inline on my TR and it rides pretty poppy with the volume spacers maxed out.

Yup, got it maxed out with tokens and slightly lower pressure with faster rebound now. I'll see how it rides this weekend with some LSC as well.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 22:48 Quote
Any of you played around with offset bushings or lengthening fork travel on this bike? With how low the bb is already I figure it might be easy to get away with and have it feel good. Thoughts? Rode a buddies, bought one, and Im thinking just a little slacker will be perfect for the gnarly bits.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Any problems in running a Cane Creek shock on the '20 Meta TR29 due to bushing reducer on the yoke? I've got a CC DBAir IL that I'd like to run, but know if there would be too much play in the eyelet? My Pivot has a similar setup and they don't recommend running a CC shock due to this.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
Sent an email to Cascade components asking for a link and yoke to up the travel to 155mm or so on the 2021 Meta TR. They have no plans for such a thing due to low demand. Perhaps more people are interested in this?

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
bermchaser wrote:
Sent an email to Cascade components asking for a link and yoke to up the travel to 155mm or so on the 2021 Meta TR. They have no plans for such a thing due to low demand. Perhaps more people are interested in this?

Williams racing products makes a mullet link

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
mtb-duke wrote:
chize wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:

Yup, got it maxed out with tokens and slightly lower pressure with faster rebound now. I'll see how it rides this weekend with some LSC as well.

I have a rs shock and I have made it super progressive. Maxed out with tokens and a MegNeg with only one band in it. Now it is a nice compromise between suppleness and support. I don't understand how you could run this bike with a coil unless you go with 10% sag, or accepted bottoming out on 1m dropp to flat.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
mtb-duke wrote:
chize wrote:

I have a rs shock and I have made it super progressive. Maxed out with tokens and a MegNeg with only one band in it. Now it is a nice compromise between suppleness and support. I don't understand how you could run this bike with a coil unless you go with 10% sag, or accepted bottoming out on 1m dropp to flat.

I run a coil on my TR and it’s wonderful. I’m 190 with a 550# spring on a Marzocchi bomber. Never have had super hard bottom outs (and I’ve cased some pretty good sized jumps lol)

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
I've tried both, found the air super harsh (rs super deluxe) and have found the coil much plusher, albeit I do get through the travel on it.

I do think the megneg/loads of spacers is a good idea and I may try it.

I'm also going to try going up a spring rate or two potentially

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006460
Mobile Version of Website