All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
pierre06 wrote:
Nice frame!!!
Be careful, seems like you've bolted the brake rotors the wrong side!
Check that out before your first ride.

edit: only the rear one

Thanks and yes! Rear rotor corrected.

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Well I’m joining you dudes on team meta. Picked up a large 2020 “world champs” frame.

Pairing it up with a DHX2 and progressive spring. Can’t wait to build it up

Sorry for the rubbish photo, busy day at the shop. Sealant everywhere lol

photo

Let us know how she rides! Thinking about switching to this bike, coming from a SJ Evo that I haven’t totally gotten along with either

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
B-Rizzo wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Well I’m joining you dudes on team meta. Picked up a large 2020 “world champs” frame.

Pairing it up with a DHX2 and progressive spring. Can’t wait to build it up

Sorry for the rubbish photo, busy day at the shop. Sealant everywhere lol

photo

Let us know how she rides! Thinking about switching to this bike, coming from a SJ Evo that I haven’t totally gotten along with either

Will do, my dropper arrived yesterday and the DHX2 should be here early next week then I can get to building it up.

I'm very curious to see what this thing is like compared to the stumpy. Fingers crossed it's everything I'm hoping.

My maths has this build at 17.3kg though! That's a big rig!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
Brasher wrote:

oh yeah she thicc

But imo you only notice the weight while pedaling uphill (which you said you won’t be doing a lot, so it should be all good).

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
[Quote="Brasher"][Quote="B-Rizzo"]
Brasher wrote:

Any chance you could post the frame weight for us (and size frame) before you build it?

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
themiltonator wrote:
This here is my 3rd Meta AM (owned v4 AM and v4.2 AM). It's my first custom build from the frame up. Absolutely love this bike. Here's a video I made if you're interested

Great post. Thank you for going into such detail in your first ride review.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
themiltonator wrote:
This here is my 3rd Meta AM (owned v4 AM and v4.2 AM). It's my first custom build from the frame up. Absolutely love this bike. Here's a video I made if you're interested

Great post. Thank you for going into such detail in your first ride review.

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
Anyone have any experience testing air vs coil on this bike? I'm leaning towards the air shock for the weight savings and to make the bike more poppy. Most likely gonna run the Ohlins ttx

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
Can anyone comment on the sizing? I'm 5'8 and coming off a Medium YT which I felt was a little on the small size. Would a medium be the right size for me?

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
I have the RS coil. It really sticks to the ground and shines in the rougher terrain. Espicialy in the wet and roots The air shock will have more pop and support on the climbs.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
Finally got around to building this thing, everyone elses bike takes priority it seems. My maths was sort of right.... 17.6kg!!!

Lot of ways I can get this down, however this is a shuttle/park bike and weight isn't a huge issue for me. Very happy with how it came out. Unfortunately it is raining in biblical proportions here so I'll have to wait before having a ride.

I'll remove the cushcore from the front, lighter spring on the shock and I have some lighter tyres I can throw on.

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 5:54 Quote
Looks pretty good. Colors clash a bit for my taste, if the only secondary color was purple it would look better imo, especially with that frame. I'm scared to weigh mine now, probably gonna save myself the shock.

I'm still on my quest to find a chainguide that works with the cable routing, gonna try the E13 one today, at least on the pictures from Cecile Ravanel's bike it looks like it works. If not, more tape on the shifter cable I guess, or I'm going to have to take a dremel to the OneUp guide.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
That’s a beautiful bike, good job

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
yeah the colours are close but not perfect, May go back to stealth fork graphics.

A Titanium spring will look better I think.

I know what you mean about the chain guide, mine wouldn't fit. I'll run it without and see how it goes but I like the added security of them.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
If you can't fit a bashguard then I suggest the NX Eagle crank set with the steel chainring.
Have one on my Stumpy Evo and you wouldn't believe the beating it takes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013120
Mobile Version of Website