PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
^My 21 TR Race size large weighs 40.6lbs^

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
rbreish wrote:

Mine is 36.2lbs. How have you got that high??

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
alexbg wrote:
rbreish wrote:

32h EX511 rims on dtswiss 350 hubs, Maxxis DH casing front and rear with Cushcore front and rear.
Thats all I've changed from stock

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
rbreish wrote:
alexbg wrote:
rbreish wrote:

32h EX511 rims on dtswiss 350 hubs, Maxxis DH casing front and rear with Cushcore front and rear.

DH case with full size cush front and rear? Maybe try riding over/around the rocks and not though them? lol

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
Speaking about tyres.. I'm still riding on stock ones. Exo/Exo+ is holding well on my local trails. At least for now. Just hoping that they will also survive 2 days of Lenzerheide /Arosa that we are planning.

Anyway, have anyone tried to squeeze in a 2.6 tyre? I was thinking that if I go with bigger tyres maybe I could avoid necessity for Double Down or DH casings..

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
hey,

Found mixed information on using a 210mm oneup dropper on a meta AM 2021 large. Anyone does it and can you insert it almost all the way in ?

Commencal claims 260mm max insertion. Oneup 210 is 297mm insertion (PNW loam is 290).

Any info appreciated, thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
PhoS wrote:
rbreish wrote:
alexbg wrote:

DH case with full size cush front and rear? Maybe try riding over/around the rocks and not though them? lol
Nope, we’re going through em

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
Anyone ever run a 160mm fork on the ‘21 AM? Thoughts? Opinions?

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
Has anyone upgraded their M1900/370 Hub to the Star Ratchet System? Thinking of ordering the upgrade kits to convert the HUB and increase from an 18T to 54T for better engagement on my 2021 TR Race. It's not a cheap upgrade so any opinions from someone who's done it would be appreciated.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
T00Holmes wrote:
Anyone ever run a 160mm fork on the ‘21 AM? Thoughts? Opinions?

My hunch is that this would work quite well. After fiddling over the past year of riding my 21 Meta AM Essential my sweet spot with the stock suspension is to run quite high pressure/low sag in the rear shock (15mm/62.5mm = 24%) to prop up the back end and keep weight over the front. This also gives decent bottom out resistance since the suspension is fairly linear from what I understand.

I figure running a shorter fork and slightly steepening the geometry would achieve the same thing. Sometime last year there was someone who posted a Meta AM build with a Mezzer, wondering if that person ever tried a shorter travel setting.

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Somebody have a small dent or paint crack in the downtube?

Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
azaneitor91 wrote:
Somebody have a small dent or paint crack in the downtube?

Yes, My bike arrived last October with a small dent on the downtube. They said they'd swap it out free of charge but they didn't have a replacement that matched. I didn't like the colors they had in stock so I'm still riding with the dent.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
meezo wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
meezo wrote:
anyone got a diy hack for the flimsy cable grommets?

What issue are you having with them?

So 2 years on, and in I was replacing the internal cable housing, when it completely disintegrated. So it needs replacing or a hack

If your looking for a cheap hack to stop the cables from rattling where they enter the frame, wrap them in some electrical tape. The more times you wrap the outer cable the thicker it gets. Wrap it enough so that its the size of the inlet hole and then jam it in there. May look a bit rough but stops the cables from vibrating.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
TBro wrote:
Has anyone upgraded their M1900/370 Hub to the Star Ratchet System? Thinking of ordering the upgrade kits to convert the HUB and increase from an 18T to 54T for better engagement on my 2021 TR Race. It's not a cheap upgrade so any opinions from someone who's done it would be appreciated.

I've been looking into this, seems expensive to upgrade a cheap hub and then upgrade again. Let me know if you get anywhere with it though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011401
Mobile Version of Website