All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
alexbg wrote:
TBro wrote:
Has anyone upgraded their M1900/370 Hub to the Star Ratchet System? Thinking of ordering the upgrade kits to convert the HUB and increase from an 18T to 54T for better engagement on my 2021 TR Race. It's not a cheap upgrade so any opinions from someone who's done it would be appreciated.

I've been looking into this, seems expensive to upgrade a cheap hub and then upgrade again. Let me know if you get anywhere with it though.

Personally, I'm not about to spend money upgrading a straight pull hub.
My other bikes have 80pt and 204pt engagement hubs, and frankly I'm more than happy with 18pt off-road.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
My 21 Meta TR Race size large is up for sale. Had a nasty crash and need to pay some bills. Will ship within North America. Had it for about 3 weeks

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
I've left team meta sadly, a guy made an offer I just couldn't refuse. Not often you make a profit on a bike and I was only riding the big meta 2-3 times a year sadly.

Was an amazing bike, a little hefty due mainly to my choice of parts, but still to this day one of the most well rounded enduro bikes I've ever ridden. When people say "it descends like a downhill bike" I usually scoff, but the meta was about as close as it got. Salute

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
Yeah mine 2021 medium frame is going up for sale, I’m only riding my hard tail at the minute so going to spend a year racing that I think.
It’s been a great bike, just does everything so so well

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
marksnook wrote:
Yeah mine 2021 medium frame is going up for sale, I’m only riding my hard tail at the minute so going to spend a year racing that I think.
It’s been a great bike, just does everything so so well

TR or AM?

If it’s a TR then fire me a message.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 13:32 Quote
Nah it’s am sorry! Got the wrp mullet linkage to go with it as well

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Mitch243 wrote:
alexbg wrote:
TBro wrote:
Has anyone upgraded their M1900/370 Hub to the Star Ratchet System? Thinking of ordering the upgrade kits to convert the HUB and increase from an 18T to 54T for better engagement on my 2021 TR Race. It's not a cheap upgrade so any opinions from someone who's done it would be appreciated.

I've been looking into this, seems expensive to upgrade a cheap hub and then upgrade again. Let me know if you get anywhere with it though.

My other bikes have 80pt and 204pt engagement hubs, and frankly I'm more than happy with 18pt off-road.

I pulled the trigger on Star Ratchet upgrade and the 54t kit. Sucks that you can't buy a complete 54t upgrade kit, but it's still cheaper than buying new wheels. The only hangup so far is the 3 Pawl Hub Lock Ring tool I ordered from EBay does not fit and none of the bike shops in my town have the tool to perform the service. I will have to return the EBay part, and order the Expensive $80 tool from DT. I will let you know how it rides later this week.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
TBro wrote:
Mitch243 wrote:
alexbg wrote:

I pulled the trigger on Star Ratchet upgrade and the 54t kit. Sucks that you can't buy a complete 54t upgrade kit, but it's still cheaper than buying new wheels. The only hangup so far is the 3 Pawl Hub Lock Ring tool I ordered from EBay does not fit and none of the bike shops in my town have the tool to perform the service. I will have to return the EBay part, and order the Expensive $80 tool from DT. I will let you know how it rides later this week.

I finished my install of the DT Swiss Star Ratchet system with 54t ratchet upgrade on my 370 hub that comes standard with the 18t 3 Pawl system and took it out for a test ride yesterday. It's a night and day difference when transitioning from a coasting position to punch climbs and longer ascents. It completely eliminates the pedaling dead spots you get on a standard 18t hub. Definitely comes in handy when you need to ratchet pedal over technical climbs. This is not a cheap upgrade, but it's definitely worth the performance improvement and will save you a lot of money vs. buying a new wheelset with a high engagement Hub like the I9 1/1 or Hydra. I thought about spending the money on a lighter weight, high engagement hub wheelset, but this bike is such a pig the dollar spent to weight savings ratio isn't enough to justify it IMO. I would rather spend the money on a lighter weight carbon rig if I'm looking for a weight weenie ride.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 23:30 Quote
And how about pedal kick back? How much more tiresome is on the way down?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
pakleni wrote:
And how about pedal kick back? How much more tiresome is on the way down?

There is none. It's extremely smooth from coasting to pedaling with the added benefit of getting instant power to your wheels. It takes away all the slop. No wasted pedal strokes.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
What is your opinion of meta AM ride version? Is it a good deal or is there something really bad in that setup?
Tried the origin version today and really liked the geometry of the bike.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
tumez wrote:
What is your opinion of meta AM ride version? Is it a good deal or is there something really bad in that setup?
Tried the origin version today and really liked the geometry of the bike.

Little to complain about for the price. You can upgrade to nicer stuff when things wear out/break. I'd probably upgrade to 4 pot brakes sooner than later, and put a charger 2.1 cartridge in the fork.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
Has anybody had problems with their 38 developing movement? I just had mine serviced because of movement that felt similar to a loose headset. The play went away for a few rides but it’s back and more annoying than ever!

Do you have the Performance or Factory version? When they serviced it did they replace anything or just change the oil?
I have the performance. When I got it serviced nothing was replaced apart from the oil

Did you ever get this fixed? If so, what was the solution?

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:

Do you have the Performance or Factory version? When they serviced it did they replace anything or just change the oil?
I have the performance. When I got it serviced nothing was replaced apart from the oil

Nope
I'm just riding it until it becomes unrideable

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
harry-steen27 wrote:

Nope
I'm just riding it until it becomes unrideable
Thats how you ruin a fork. Id get that checked out again before you have to buy a complete fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005936
Mobile Version of Website